Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GRUNFOS IFC

ARTIEGEE
ARTIEGEE Member Posts: 3
I have 3 zones, two copper fin baseboard and one converted gravity radiator. When ever either of the baseboard zones call I get passive flow through the radiator zone. Brute circulators with internal flow checks are installed on the return line on a 1.25" manifold. What did I do wrong? Would heavier cast flow checks be more effective? Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thank you, Art Goedeke.

Comments

• ARTIEGEE
    ARTIEGEE Member Posts: 3
    GRUNFOS IFC

I have 3 zones, two copper fin baseboard and one converted gravity radiator. When ever either of the baseboard zones call I get passive flow through the radiator zone. Brute circulators with internal flow checks are installed on the return line on a 1.25" manifold. What did I do wrong? Would heavier cast flow checks be more effective? Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Thank you, Art Goedeke.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    In some cases

you need check protection on both the supply and return lines. Waem water will migrate up either pipe, regardless of direction arrows :) Especially when the piping rises vertically from the boiler.

It could also be in your piping layout. Is this a primary secondary piping arrangment?

Got pictures or drawings?

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.