Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Job costing

John_56
John_56 Member Posts: 33
I have done a fair number of infloor jobs that were either Gypcrete or in concrete. I am quoting a fairly large job using the Roth radiant panels. Does anyone have any kind of rule of thumb on installation time for this systems? Thanks.

Comments

• Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    The variables are so

vast and complicated, it is impossible to say.

However, with your experience and some insites, perhaps you could just take an hour or two and actually walk the lines and think about the time factors involved?

Gotta be better than a guess from us.

Think about slope, manpower, oddities, weather, forms and joints, and get the feel for the job scope in person. Drawings won't cut it. Check it out this weekend.

The materials are a given. The labor details are where the devil is.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • J. Ortquist
    J. Ortquist Member Posts: 2
    Job Costing?

Funny you should bring this up, I've developed a fairly good radiant PEX labor calculator on MS Excel. As you know the variables are many, however this little tool might be of help. I've been designing radaint PEX systems for almost 10 years now, and this will also handle mfr. panel boards like your Roth Foam boards. Please contact me via e-mail, I'll be glad to let you try it.
  • Nron_9
    Nron_9 Member Posts: 237
    copy

I too would like to try it if you dont mind shareing John
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Mmmm .....Hmmmm.......

Cha a glimmer of the pannel idea might say be a benifit in these neck of the woods ,Too. umm..were you able to entertain the idea per haps you would find a benifically thankful responce from your new best friend ,here in the north pole:) or in English,...Would you have another ?..... it is a heck of a deal trying to go figure panels,oh and i am looking for someone who has experientialed up or used some of the wirsbo (Europia'S)poly therm panels...some thing that looks like a very sane way to go about layout.seen any? Know any one who knows anybody? It has distinct possibilities....Probably you have had some computery experience writing the program that burned daylight do you care to share some of that info? lets start a new thread on programs wed like to see...i bet theres bunches of ideas the lot of us have ratteled around thinking'" well, when i get the time"'....
  • Weezbo
    Mmmm .....Hmmmm.......

Cha a glimmer of the pannel idea might say be a benifit in these neck of the woods ,Too. umm..were you able to entertain the idea per haps you would find a benifically thankful responce from your new best friend ,here in the north pole:) or in English,...Would you have another ?..... it is a heck of a deal trying to go figure panels,oh and i am looking for someone who has experientialed up or used some of the wirsbo (Europia'S)poly therm panels...some thing that looks like a very sane way to go about layout.seen any? Know any one who knows anybody? It has distinct possibilities....Probably you have had some computery experience writing the program that burned daylight do you care to share some of that info? lets start a new thread on programs wed like to see...i bet theres bunches of ideas the lot of us have ratteled around thinking'" well, when i get the time"'....
  • Weezbo
    Mmmm .....Hmmmm.......

• Weezbo
    Mmmm .....Hmmmm.......

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Hate to break the news................................

You just have to get out there and do it...over and over...you'll figure out what you have to charge. As the boys said...too many variables. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
This discussion has been closed.