Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heat exchanger

Options
Kent_3
Kent_3 Member Posts: 60
I'm going to use a Munchkin 140M and a heat exchanger for domestic hot water. The boiler also heats the house but I will dedicate it via a switch to d.h.w. when there is a call. Does anyone know how to tell the Munchkin to go to maximum fire during d.h.w. demand?

Comments

• Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    Vision I

When you buy your Munchkin, get the Vision I controller. It is set up to do outdoor reset and indirect hot water and will automatically ramp up the temperature when there's a call for domestic hot water.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Kent_3
    Options

Alan,
    I'm not certified for Vision 1. Is there a way to get the regular Munchkin to ramp up?
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    I'm pretty sure

that you can use the tekmar 260 controller to do the same thing.

You can talk to Mike Miller at tekmar [(250)545-7749 (x214)] or maybe he'll see this post and respond on The Wall.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Kent_3
    Options

Alan,
    Thank you so much. Kent
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    Options
    Kent,

The Muchie is so smart, it figures out to ramp up on its own! If the outlet temp and return temp are getting a bit apart, the board figures this into its equation, and up fires by itself.
    Give HTP a call and be prepared to be blown away.(Ask them to give/send you a training schedule too. I wouldn't even try to do one without a factory training session or 2) The thing is an amazing machine. Our friend Chuck Shaw needs to be the one to give you the info. I've heard "He's the best!".

Don't be shy! Ask away, and make him earn his keep. Chris
  • Kent_3
    Options

Chris,
    Thanks for the help. I'll call Heat Transfer Pr. and see how they help me.
    Kent
This discussion has been closed.