Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Radiator Water Pans

Options
Jeff Rice
Jeff Rice Member Posts: 1
This site has one, although if real hardware stores have not been wiped out by the big boxes in your area, you could probably find them cheaper.

http://www.historichouseparts.com/images/HumidifierRadiator.JPG
incuding the actual link helps

Comments

• David Sarvai
    David Sarvai Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Where to Find?

I'm looking to buy Water Pans which hang off my Steam Radiators. I remember seeing them in some of the older homes as a kid, but can't find them on the Internet.

Does anyone know where to find them?

Dave
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    Options
    water pans

Used to find them in the old style hardware stores. Try Aubuchon or old local hardware. Don't know if the big box stores sell them or not. If you can't find them, a good tin knocker can bang some out for you. Had some copper ones made a few years ago.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    I remember them

I couldn't tell you where to find new ones though.

My Aunt would put orange peels in them to freshen the air. An early version of Potpurri.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Options
    Yes, Mark or a drop of oil-of-peppermint...I do mean drop

that stuff is potent. You will not find them anywhere but by luck or at a yard sale, Pal. Make one out of copper of even tin. Mad Dog

• ed broderick_2
    ed broderick_2 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    pyrex dishes

Dave: Grandma still uses pyrex glass loaf dishes on top of her radiators and they work well. I recall my days in Germany they were made of clay and found all over. Perhaps some European heating supplier? Good Luck. If you find them, I would like to know where?
  • btc
    btc Member Posts: 43
    Options

This sight advertises radiator pans (with photo). I havent ordered from them, but some neat stuff....store name is "Kilian Hardware".

http://store.yahoo.com/kilian/index.html
  • David Sarvai
    David Sarvai Member Posts: 3
    Options

Interesting product (See Below).

I was looking for something which latched on the outside, not the inside (But beggers can't be choosers!)

Thanks for the post.

Dave

Old fashioned radiator humidifier. Simply insert into end of radiator and fill with water.

Made of galvanized sheet metal.

17-7/8" long x 4-1/2" tall.

1/2" insert width x 6-3/4" reservoir width.

WE ARE HAVING PRODUCTION PROBLEMS WITH THIS ITEM AT THIS TIME. CALL 215-247-0945 FOR MORE INFORMATION.

80184$14.99
  • marco_2
    marco_2 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    pans seems to work

our rads are not flat on top, so we bought disposable aluminum baking pans, about $0.30 each --- just bend 'em to conform to the radiator and add a little water. not fancy, but they work.
This discussion has been closed.