Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

grundfoss flowcheck chatter

steve_38
steve_38 Member Posts: 74
when a flow check valve chatters, it's because of
air in the system, but it doesn't seem like you have
a problem with air, i believe your problem is in the flow
check valve. without air in the system a bad flow valve could still make chatter sounds useually when the circ is on. i have replaced many flow valves for that reason. plus on a too much heat call the weight in the flow check is useually hung up.

Comments

• Kal Row
    Kal Row Member Posts: 1,520
    grundfoss chatter

i have a system with a few grundfos 15-58fc's with the built in outlet check - one of which chatters - at least it sounds like thats it, it could be air - since it's the highest pump, hoewever - the system is has a spirovent on the primary and the secondary, - dont think it's cavitation with temp of 175 a static pressure of 20 - it seem to do it a lot less at colder temps, anyone?
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    geeze

that would be a new one on me. the only pump we have had any noise out of was a few taco IFC's.

Never had a problem with the Grundfos.

Please keep us posted though!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kal Row
    i know,

when i get a chance i will swap it with an adjacent pump - and will advise
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Check to check

for partial blockage. A solder ball, strip of teflon tape, wood chip, etc, may be hampering the flow or operation.

I haven't had a problem, with chatter or noise, even when used in a variable speed assignment :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • BOB_23
    BOB_23 Member Posts: 19

you can take the pump out and change the check vakve. this is not a hard thig to do. i would try that first.
  • Andyk
    Andyk Member Posts: 13
    Grundfos flo ck chatter

What speed are you running the pump on ? Is the flow too much for the zone ? May want to look at it, the velocity can also cause the flo ck to chatter.
    "Call a Pro~in the end you will save some dough "
  • Kal Row
    well i finally went back and..

took off the pump, took out the checkvalve, shook it out good, cleaned up the check valve, put it all back together and now it's quiet - go figure
This discussion has been closed.