Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGG (sox)

jackchips_2
jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
follow this team all year to understand. Pedro and Manny ran the team. Joe Torre, the Pro, wouldn't have taken the antics these two prima-donnas exhibited.

It would be sour grapes to say the best team lost but how about the best manager won?

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG

They did it again !!!!!!!!

My Eyes, my eyes, AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

I knew better, I should know better, seven game, oooohhhhhhhhh.

I am in pain.... make it stop........

Noel and Alan send me your home address bbbbooohohohohoh

Scott

I am going to meet other Soxs fans , where we will all join together and tear our eyes out.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    Scott

I know how you feel, except, I was ready for it. They always fill our hearts with joy, only to step on it with their sharpend cleats.

I hope you know where to get dry ice. This is why I keep my mouth shut in October. I have learned.

Look at the bright side, there is always next year.

Chuck

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • You know who taught me to bet against the Sox in October?

The Red Sox.

Noel
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    I feel your pain

My favorite team is whoever is playing the Yanks but I have a soft heart for the Red Sox since I lives in Randolph, Mass. as a small child and my college room mate was from Bedford and a rabid fan. When I could no longer keep my eyes open last night the sox were ahead and I thought they might pull it out. I should have known better. The newspaper head lines made it clear what had happened. I must send a sympathy card to my old room mate. He tries to disassociate himself from it but I know what's in his heart. I hope to see both curses lifted in my lifetime. WW

• Bill_14
    Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
    Manager vs. Star

Scott,

Why didn't that manager replace the pitcher when he walked out to the mound? That pitcher was NOT going to willingly walk off...he needed to be told "good game".

I couldn't believe!

Bill
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    wild poetic license at large!

Mine eyes have seen the glory

of the coming of the horde;

They were slugging into battle

with some mighty thunderous boards;

They hath loosed the fateful lightening

Of that terrible goat lore(d); (sorry, poetic license being stretched!)

Their fate goes marching on...........

• Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Maybe Next Year

Wow..... What a great Series . I really would have like to see a Cubs-Red Sox series but since the Fish team won...

My guess Padro should not have beat up their old coach Zimmer out on the field like that , sure was the kiss of death for them.....Any way it sure feel great being from N.Y. and all ;) My only concern is where are they going to fly another World Series flag in Yankee Stadium ??? :) Let's go Fishing Yanks!!
  • Bill_14
    Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
    I understand

what you are saying, but the manager has got to play the odds...especially in the last game of the Series. Hell, he had the lead!!

I predict some off-season changes with the Red Sox.
  • tombig
    tombig Member Posts: 291
    Sox

The only thing more frustrating than being a Red Sox fan is being a Cub fan. I wouldn't neccessarily know because I pull for the Sox (White) but I would really would have liked to see a Cubs-Bosox series. Condolences to my east coast Wetheads. Next year!!
  • Rick Kelly
    Rick Kelly Member Posts: 40
    Condolences

To all my friends out there who are Red Sox and Cub fans, I'd like to pass on my condolences for yet another year. Being a lifelong Yankee fan, I can't say I know what you're going through, but I can only imagine. Deep down inside, I think all of you knew what was coming, you just didn't know how it would happen this time. Losing teams always find ways to lose, just like winners always find a way to keep winning. Just remember, it's just baseball. Now go and enjoy what you can of the Patriots or Bears or whoever to hold you over till next year. Me? I got a World Series to watch. It just might be like shooting fish in a barrel.
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Yankees

NINETEEN!

EIGHTEEN!

Clap clap clap-clap-clap

NINETEEN!

EIGHTEEN!

Clap clap clap-clap-clap

NINETEEN!

EIGHTEEN!

Clap clap clap-clap-clap

NINETEEN!

EIGHTEEN!

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Watch out

"losing teams always find ways to lose, just like winners always find a way to keep winning."

That could come back and bite you where you don't like it. :).

I think the only reason the Sox's did'nt know how it would end was the Yanks did'nt know either. Two innings of overtime in the seven game of a series sounds like you just squeaked by so keep the gloating to a minimum.

Hey, how are the Jets doing ?

Scott

• You know, Scott,

I'm starting to like the lobsters. They took it like a man, through the whole series. They were behind Pedro, all the way till Pedro was behind. Them are true Boston Lobstas. We really piled it on, too.

Speaking of football, I like what Bledsoe did to the Patriots....nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

I think I'll wait till I can sit down to dinner with you to collect. Let those two lobsters watch the rest of the World Series. I suppose they'll be fish fans....

Noel
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Football

A word about the ALCS. Everyone I speak to in my neighborhood agrees that the best, most exciting series in professional sports was just played. The World Series will not be able to compare, regardless who wins.

The Jets suck as usual. Thank God I don't have time for sports during the cold months. Sports season ends for me in October.

..And usually on a high note might I add.

Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Pedro

lost it in the 8th. He should have been pulled as soon as Jeter hit. Notice Torre pulled Clemens as soon as it was obvious he didn't have his "stuff"...
    This was the best game I've seen in many years. I was about to call my brothers in Boston to celebrate at the end of the 7th inning, but sorta knew better. Oh Well...
    Next year!

• Rookie
    Rookie Member Posts: 175
    re: Pinstripe Pain

I was sad to see the Yankees stumble and collapse in the World Series, I was really hoping to see Roger Clemens fail one last time. Will we see Roger retire ? no, he will play again. One thing Roger loves " MONEY "
This discussion has been closed.