Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

no heat in baseboard

pfink
pfink Member Posts: 11
Currently I have a gas fired hot water system, and I think using Monoflo Tee's, or something similar. The house was built in 1942. Recently, we did some remodeling and moved some radiators and added a baseboard loop after cutting out a radiator on the second floor. The baseboard on the 2nd floor gets no heat. I bleed the baseboard, hot water comes up, but than gets cold again after closing the bleeder. After reading your website, it appears like I have upset the balance of the system. How can i resolve this? Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Comments

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Did you use

diverter tees for the new loop? If not, you will not get any flow through the baseboard.

Water is lazy. Left alone it just sits there. You have to make it flow.

How did you connect the baseboard?

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Big Ed
    Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
    Air trap

The risers have to pitch all the way to the bleeder valve. You may have a air trap in the add on. Install a purge valve setup so you can purge "both" risers. If this fails or you don't get enough heat in the dead of winter the problem is with the tees or the amount of baseboard. Which could be not enough spacing or you may need to add a second veturi tee .......
This discussion has been closed.