Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Forced Hot Air v. Forced Hot Water

ED_8
ED_8 Member Posts: 1
I am looking to switch over from forced hot air to forced hot water. Need to find some good contractors in Northern NJ. The plumbers I have talked to think it is not worth the hassle of installing the 3/4" piping throughout the entire house. The forced air system is bad for my allergies. I would tie in the existing supply ducts to an air handler for central a.c. for the summer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    My suggestion

Would be to keep looking untill you find a plumber or heating contractor who wants to work on your home. Its your home to do what you wish.

Have you tried the Find A Contractor feature on this website ? Scroll to the top left of this page and clic on Find A Contractor and then use your zip code to find who's close by. Your on the right track to a comfortable home.

Try Comfortable Home Technologies, Mark Hunt. He would be a great contractor for you if your in his area.

Don't Dispare, your at the right site :).

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Joe_13
    Joe_13 Member Posts: 201
    Maybe hydro-air?

While it's not the best, using a hot water coil for heat usually does not dry the air as much as a furnace. A good humidifier (if you need one) and a high end air filter system might be a beter investment.
  • Bill NTSG
    Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
    Look For

Palmer Heating, Ken Secor is a good heating man and really knows his stuff.
  • i would

put basebord on the 2nd floor, and radiant on the 1st floor, you will be happy you did when you start ripping out the old ducts. bob
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.