Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A/C units

Stacy
Stacy Member Posts: 3
I found my basement floor wet around my forced air furnace.
I removed the intake grille to find water dripping through my filter from above. I removed the now soaked air filter to find the one panel covered in ice.

Any idea what might have caused the condensation in the first place. My filter was in need of replacement... as it was quite soiled. But I'm curious if there is another problem that I should be aware of or should look for.

please help...

Comments

• jerrygb46_3
    jerrygb46_3 Member Posts: 11
    A/C units

Anybody have any feedback about RUUD A/C equpit???
  • Jeff Lawrence_18
    Jeff Lawrence_18 Member Posts: 7
    Forced Air

According to a consumer-reporting agency, Ruud is one of the least likely to need repair over its lifetime.

Ruud is manufactured red by Rheem Manufacturing. The units are essentially the same as far as I can tell. The cabinets are painted a different color and the model numbers differ only in the first letter. Even the parts are interchangeable from A/C to A/C and furnace to furnace!
  • Stacy
    Stacy Member Posts: 3
    condensation

I found my basement floor wet around my forced air furnace.
    I removed the intake grille to find water dripping through my filter from above. I removed the now soaked air filter to find the one panel covered in ice.

Any idea what might have caused the condensation in the first place. My filter was in need of replacement... as it was quite soiled. But I'm curious if there is another problem that I should be aware of or should look for.

please help...
  • Darren Ross
    Darren Ross Member Posts: 1
    RUUD

We use Ruud they work great and have very problems. Plus it has a scroll compressor which you can't beat. 150 units a year. Hard to get technical service but we don't need them often thankfully! Darren
  • jerrygb46_3
    jerrygb46_3 Member Posts: 11
    a/c units

Thanks all for answers
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    condensation

The very dirty filter causes poor air flow and that may have caused the coil to freeze up.
This discussion has been closed.