Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

simple controls

Bryan_16
Bryan_16 Member Posts: 262
some simple controling. I have 2 Munchkins with Vision 1 systems. They are primary looped together. Have 2 zones, each with seperate thermostat and zone pump. I want to start the correct zone pump on a call for heat and also fire both boilers. The differential will be different on the boilers, so the second will fire, reach temp , then shut down. First boiler will carry load most of the time.

Comments

• MikeB34
    MikeB34 Member Posts: 155
    I lIke..

Argo controls. Easy to work with.
  • Bryan_16
    where do I

find them? I'm in upper-midwest.Thanks.
  • Rob T
    Rob T Member Posts: 64
    Argo Controls

http://www.argoindustries.com/sales.html

This looks to be just what I was looking for also!

Thanks

Rob

• BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    You also can use...

A Honeywell R8888A1007. It controls up to 3 zones, with priority control for an indirect water heater. Any Honeywell distributor should have one. For a tech sheet,go to http://hbctechlit.honeywell.com, and type in the number.
  • Rob T
    Like the looks of this

one also, decisions decisions... :)

Thanks Bill!

Quick question, would this be the control I'd need with 4 zones and one pump? I want it set up so that the pump only runs when a zone is calling for heat. Right now the pump runs off the low and high limit switches only. (It was a single loop system with no zones until recently.)

I am planning on adding a BoilerMate (Or equiv) so I will need added circulating controls in the future.

OK did some more looking and it looks like I need an R8889B with an L8148E Aquastat to switch the circulator. This is going by the schematic for the R8889B on page 10, deleting the indirect water at this time. Does this sound right?

As stated above I have a single circulator (B&G 100 series) with 4 Honeywell 8043F zone valves and I want to run the circulator only when there is a call for heat.

Rob
  • BillW@honeywell
    I thought...

you just wanted to control the circ pumps. In the case of zone valves and one pump look at the R8889, which accomodates either 3 or four zone valves, with priority for your future indirect. When you install & wire your future indirect, just flip the switch to "priority" and zone one becomes just that. Using V8043's makes wiring easy with the R8889, you also can use T8400 or T87 zone stat, or if you want a programmable, use a T8002. The R8889 also has easy wiring for your stats.
  • Rob T
    Actually

Bryan wants to control a couple of circulating pumps, I kind of barged in and piggybacked on his thread.

Thanks for the info, I "think" I am on the right track now.

Rob

• Bryan_16
    How do I

isolate the power supplies from the boilers? I want to start both boilers when either zone calls for heat.
  • BillW@honeywell
    Wiring

All the wiring diagrams show the igniton system wires black & white connected to B1 & B2 on an L8148E aquastat, which is in turn wired T to H1 on the R8888 and TV to h2 on the R8888. L1(hot) is wired to 1 on the L8148E,and L1 on the R8888. 2 on the L8148 is wired to L2 on the R8888. The Munchkin has come out since the standard wiring diagrams were published, so I don't have anything specific for the Munchkin. You probably could use an R845 or R8845U relay as an isolating relay...try the Munchkin website or check with Jeff Cook or Mark Hunt, both of whom have lots of Munchkin experience.
This discussion has been closed.