Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RB's Copper wine rack.

Dear Robert & all.

I am smitten with the beautiful wine rack presented to you, and would love to build some.

I took the photo to my plumbing supplier, but they couldn't identify some of the parts.

The vertical bulbous T's (and sizes), the 1.25" manifold with 1.25" stubs for holding the bottles, and the size of the street L's on both ends.

Could you possibly get a material list for me/us, from the incredible craftsman that built it?

I'm chomping at the bit, to build one.

Best regards, and thanks in advance.

Brian in Swampland.

Comments

• Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    wine rack

Wow. That's a nice one. The tees are copper bull-head tees and appear to by 3/4"x3/4"x1" tees......hope nothing falls on the bottles!!!!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Al Letellier
    wine rack addendum

OOPs. Should have read more closely. Tees are 3/4 x 3/4 x 1 1/4 copper bull heads......

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Al Letellier
    wine rack addendum

OOPs. Should have read more closely. Tees are 3/4 x 3/4 x 1 1/4 copper bull heads......

• Jeff Lawrence_15
    Jeff Lawrence_15 Member Posts: 1
    Looks like

It looks like the horizontal peices that support the necks of the bottle are T-Drilled into 1" copper.

It is a neat looking wine rack.
  • chuck shaw
    chuck shaw Member Posts: 584
    could be

pre made manifolds, I think the company that makes them is called Alberta Tee and Manifold. I could be wrong, I have some 11/4 x 3/4 pre made copper manifold in the shop, Ill check the manufacture tommrow.

Chuck
  • Dan Peel
    Dan Peel Member Posts: 431
    Full marks

Good guess Chuck.
    Alberta Custom Tee makes the manifolds - also available through many of the tubing manufacturers - Kitec et al.... Dan

• Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Brian (Tankless) Wood Member Posts: 222
    Thanks for all the replies

fella's. I appreciate it.

I'll contact Alberta Tees for info, I don't have a T-drill (how much do those things cost anyway). I'll have to order the bull-head T's too, not common stuff around here.

Mine may not be as purty as Mr. Bean's, but I'll post it when it's done.

Have a great weekend y'all, and thanks again.

Swampy.

• Richard Miller_2
    Richard Miller_2 Member Posts: 139
    500 bucks

will get you one. If you ask nice.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    $500 !!!!

I was hoping I could build them for $125 in materials, and 2-4 hrs of labour & polishing.

Is $500 what you would charge if you were building them, Richard.

I'm serious about this. My elbows & knees are just about shot from almost 40 yrs of abuse, and I can't do the attic & underfloor climbing stuff anymore. But I really do love working with copper, so this would be perfect for me.

Don't want to talk about hourly labour rates on The Wall, but working at home, in my shop, my overhead is really low.

Thanks again guys, you're the best.

Future CopperArtist in Swampland.
  • Richard Miller_2
    NO!

That was for my T-Drill. I will be selling it very soon. Am not going to be needing it as much.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Wow! from what I've heard

$500 for a T-drill is a bargain. Will it punch/pull an 1.25" hole?

Thanks, Richard.

Tankless.
  • Richard Miller_2
    nope

not with the existing heads
  • RB_2
    RB_2 Member Posts: 272
    For a Bill of Materials contact:

The skilled hands of the boys in Calgary...403.236.9560 - ask for Todd or Ian.

It is a work of beauty.

rb
  • John Fernandez_2
    John Fernandez_2 Member Posts: 40
    Winerack?

I wondered what had happened to my boiler manifold!
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    That thought

had crossed my mind too, John.

I wonder how parallei reverse return would be figured out ??
    Where in, where out, how many btu's would it handle? We know it could supply 12 zones :O)

If we drank all the bottles it can hold, we'd be in altogether different kind of "zone".

Brian, directly in the Tropical storm BILL "zone".

Watch the weather, and listen for Lake Charles, LA. That's us. First Lilly, now Billy.
  • Brian (Tankless) Wood
    Thanks Robert

I'm calling the guys first thing in the morning, then getting ready for tropical storm Bill.

It does look like a very fancy manifold, eh?

I've looked ALL over the web, and can't find a 3/4 x 3/4 x 1 1/4" bullhead Tee anywhere. I hope Todd & Ian remember where they got them from.

Thanks again Robert.

Brian in Stormland.
This discussion has been closed.