Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tees and condensate?

Chris_15
Chris_15 Member Posts: 7
Say, could I ask for a bit of wisdom regarding a totally stupid little bit of piping..... I want to relocate a radiator (see attached).... due to what's built around the space it's really impractical to relocate the risers or drip off the returns....

1) What should they put where the circle is shown with a ???. If they put in an ordinary tee, won't the condensate from the 3rd floor radiator come sloshing down across the tee and get forced into the 2nd floor radiator? Or does this not matter for small sizes of radiators and therefore small trickles of condensate?

2) The horizontal runs "A" and "B" ... If they are level rather than pitched 1" in 10' (which would be about a quarter inch for the short one) does it matter? THey are so short.

Thanks. The plumbers basically know what they are doing and are competent with steam, but they were hemming and hawing, and I'd love a 2nd opinion.

Comments

• it'll hammer at start-up.

I would put the tee vertical, and drop through it from one radiator, and feed into the side with the other.

Whichever radiator feeds from the side will heat slower, so usually the upper floor radiator would be off the branch.

Noel
  • Chris_15
    Chris_15 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Noel. Like this?

Thanks Noel; assume you mean like this.... might need a watchmaker to get in there and do it, but....

(in the attached picture, I think you're saying that the left side will heat slower than the right?)
  • yes and yes

nice picture...

Noel
This discussion has been closed.