Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbo Loop Actuators

Brian
Brian Member Posts: 285
Take a look at the water in the system . If is excessivly hard it may be causing calcium build-up in the manifold not allowing the valve to close

Good Luck
Brian

Comments

• Joe_10
    Joe_10 Member Posts: 22
    Wirsbo Loop Actuators

I have a home with 20 loop actuators. The home is 8y.o.have replaced all original actuators 2+ yrs ago now am having to replace the replacements now. They are all seizing usaully open. This is the only place that I have had to do this at. All manifolds are in enclosed access panels with a constant circulation system at 140* to supply hot water to indirect Amtrol Tanks. Any Ideas on what could cause this.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    some

immediate thoughts are: 1)antifreeze in sytem? 2) wrong pump/pump curve for the loop set-up-common to see. Excessive "on" times due to poor flow/heating of the loops can prematurely wear out the powerheads-and I assume that is what you are talking about-

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Sometimes

over tightening them on the manifold threads will cause premature failures.

hot rod
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Al Letellier
    Al Letellier Member Posts: 781
    actuators

Is "enclosed" the key here. Maybe the ambient temp in the cabinets is too high and killing the actuators. Check their ambient ratings. Just a thought!

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • tim from Reed Wright
    tim from Reed Wright Member Posts: 113
    actuators

> I have a home with 20 loop actuators. The home is

> 8y.o.have replaced all original actuators 2+ yrs

> ago now am having to replace the replacements

> now. They are all seizing usaully open. This is

> the only place that I have had to do this at. All

> manifolds are in enclosed access panels with a

> constant circulation system at 140* to supply hot

> water to indirect Amtrol Tanks. Any Ideas on what

> could cause this.

Which
  • tim from Reed Wright
    tim from Reed Wright Member Posts: 113
    actuators

Which actuators do you have, I had a re occuring nightmare with the earlier heat motor type, they were made in Italy and kept failing over and over, are yours the silver mmotorized type or the plastic case type that are round. the metal square ones have held up best by far.
  • Joe_10
    Joe_10 Member Posts: 22

Thank You for ideas I will check them out and see what I come up with. And post what I find.
    Thank You Joe
This discussion has been closed.