Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Continuing Education Units?

Bill NTSG
Bill NTSG Member Posts: 321
Hear anything about it becoming mandatory in your state? Does anybody have information about Ct.? Any company policies concerning education? Where I work I can have all the education I want as long as I pay for it, I do it on my own time, it does not interfere with my work performance,and it does not disrupt their schedule. I hold more than one license, how many hours will be required and do any classes count for more than one license? With the cold weather it has been 7 day weeks since the first of the year and many nights.

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588

Bill, I think a guy that could help you with that question would be David Flood. David is the Director of Technical Education at ICPA

Mr. David Flood
    Independent Connecticut Petroleum Association (ICPA)

Rt. 5 North
    Wallingford, CT 06492

(860) 613-2041

Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Doug Wagoner
    Doug Wagoner Member Posts: 78
    Continuing Ed Units

Six are curently required here in N.C. Some hours do count for more than one license.
  • John_21
    John_21 Member Posts: 34
    Ed units

In Alaska 16 are required every 2 years. 8 in plumbing & 8 in mechancal. The state uses the upc & imc for codes. No one knows what is going on, a real pain. John White
  • Alan R. Mercurio
    Alan R. Mercurio Member Posts: 588
    Sorry Bill

David Flood's new number is (860) 613-2041

Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

Oil Tech Talk
  • Wizaard
    Wizaard Member Posts: 28

Hi Bill,

IMHO, 40 hours per year of education is the minimum goal a contractor should establish for their employees. The contractor should either pay for the employees time, the class or both. Also, IMVHO, the employee should invest at least 40 hours in their own time pursuing education. A 40 hour investment is less than one hour per week!

Ruth King is now offering CEU's on her Internet TV station. Check it out to see if it pertains to CT. www.hvacchannel.tv
This discussion has been closed.