Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

SMALL VARIBLE SPEED DRIVE

RonS
RonS Member Posts: 10
I am trying to find a varible speed drive for a small snow melt job that is controlled by tempture to run a primary pump to a heat exchanger. the pump is a taco 0010 pump and it has a the full load amps is 1.2 and 115 vac HELP thanks

Comments

• Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Do I understand ?

You want to automatically control of the speed of the pump by temperture ?
  • RonS
    RonS Member Posts: 10

yes I want to controll the pump on the primary side of the heat exchanger by the supply temp on the secondary side
  • variable drive

> I am trying to find a varible speed drive for a

> small snow melt job that is controlled by

> tempture to run a primary pump to a heat

> exchanger. the pump is a taco 0010 pump and it

> has a the full load amps is 1.2 and 115 vac HELP

> thanks

• variable drive

Just talked to my rep and he showed me a heat timer set point control with a pressure or temperature resistor to control the variable speed B&G pump. Looks pretty simple. Appx. $250.00
  • Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    Look at the major

"Controls" manufactures. I.e. Tekmat, B&G, Honeywell, Taco, Infinity Labs, Goopd luck! bigugh
  • Jerry Boulanger
    Jerry Boulanger Member Posts: 31
    Johnson Contols makes...

an electronic speed control that I have used as a varaible speed control for small pumps. It requires a 0-10 VDC input, so you will have to have a temperature control that outputs 0-10 VDC, something like the Johnson A350 series. A company called Viconics also has neat thermostats with the option of remote sensors that will work. The Johnson speed control is a model S66AA-1C.
This discussion has been closed.