Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

kickspace heaters

Options
Bob Cat
Bob Cat Member Posts: 2
I was wondering if anyone else has ever experinced a short cycling of the beacon/morris k-series heaters. I installed one two months ago and it would would run fine on low but when I put it on high it would short cycle. I just installed another one and I am having the problem. I know that they run off an aquastat and I made sure it was on the endtube closest to the supply. It seems as though the unit is moving too much air across the coil and removing the heat too fast. At first I thought this was logical because the return air was 30 degrees, and I sure its not designed for that. When the room heated up it ran a bit longer but still cycles(enen though the t-stat is still calling). I have this one on a seperate 3/4 loop and I used a monoflow tee to feed unit. I piped it like this because I was worried about noise. I also put a ball valve between the monoflow tee and the normal tee so I could add additional flow if I needed it. It still cycles if I throttle the ballvalve.If anyone has an opinion on whats up I'd like to hear it.

Comments

• Bob Cat
    Bob Cat Member Posts: 2
    Options
    kickspace heaters

I was wondering if anyone else has ever experinced a short cycling of the beacon/morris k-series heaters. I installed one two months ago and it would would run fine on low but when I put it on high it would short cycle. I just installed another one and I am having the problem. I know that they run off an aquastat and I made sure it was on the endtube closest to the supply. It seems as though the unit is moving too much air across the coil and removing the heat too fast. At first I thought this was logical because the return air was 30 degrees, and I sure its not designed for that. When the room heated up it ran a bit longer but still cycles(enen though the t-stat is still calling). I have this one on a seperate 3/4 loop and I used a monoflow tee to feed unit. I piped it like this because I was worried about noise. I also put a ball valve between the monoflow tee and the normal tee so I could add additional flow if I needed it. It still cycles if I throttle the ballvalve.If anyone has an opinion on whats up I'd like to hear it.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Sounds

Like you might have to low a gpm. Your cooling off the coil so quick it can't keep up. Allthough 30 degrees is a big delta T.

What pump are you using ?

By the way, is this at the end of the loop ? What is the supply temp ?

Scott

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Frank_17
    Frank_17 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    supply temp?

try turning the boiler temp up to 200
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options
    Have you

checked the delta t and supply temperature with the specs of the unit? A higher than expected delta t will point to inadequate flow.

If the unit is heating the space adequately can you use a staged t-stat to keep it running on "low" most of the time, only kicking to high during peak demand?
This discussion has been closed.