Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Schluep fittings

Options

Comments

• Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Schluep fitttings

Can I get some feedback and/or opinions on theses fittings. I just did a four story home using a whole lotta
    WM AlumiPex and I'm not crazy about their screwed fittings--it seems like you're wrenching forever with those things.

I already own the Shluep 5/8" and 3/4" fitting tool so that is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Minnich
  • Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Schluep fitttings

Can I get some feedback and/or opinions on theses fittings. I just did a four story home using a whole lotta
    WM AlumiPex and I'm not crazy about their screwed fittings--it seems like you're wrenching forever with those things.

I already own the Shluep 5/8" and 3/4" fitting tool so that is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Minnich
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    Big fan of Schluep

I own the 1/2, 5/8" and 3/4" tool. Weil McLain recently took on the SFI fitting system . Prices and availabilty should be better.

I have a few modifications, of course. The 5/8" cone by 3/4" fitting sweat can be drilled with a 5/8" bit. Now one fitting fits both 3/4" and 1/2" copper tube. This cuts down on inventory.

Also the 3/4" cone X 3/4" MIP can be drilled with a 7/8" bit. This allow the fitting to be sweat on 3/4" copper.

A nice fitting for all types and brands of tube. Wholesalers in my area only stock 3- 5 thousand feet of tube. If I get a spur of the moment job I often end up with three different brands of tube on one job :)

I prefer the SFI to the 3 piece compression/ o-ring style fittings. Less pieces to drop in the dirt and keep track of. With a little heat from the torch the fitting can be removed and reused also.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Michael B
    Michael B Member Posts: 179
    Options
    Guys

you both know how I feel about these fittings but let me say it loud and say it proud THESE FITTINGS ROCK. Steve I know you bought the schluep stuff from us and I hope you found them as fast and freindly as HR. We sell a bunch of these as well as our own custom cut manifolds with Dahl ball valves and Schluep fittings already installed.
  • Bill Wright
    Bill Wright Member Posts: 1
    Options
    SFI Fittings

Steve,

Schluep (SFI) fittings are terrific fittings -- but currently are not endorsed for Composite (AlumiPex or any other ASTM F1281) tubing.

We are testing SFI fittings w/ AlumiPex & hope to endorse that combination in the future.

I promise that I'm not going to turn this into a self-serving commercial ... but, I will say, SFI fittings are one of the few fittings that will work w/ ANYBODY's tube -- because they are not ID/OD restricted.

Bill Wright
    Manager, Radiant & Plumbing Systems
    Weil-McLain
This discussion has been closed.