Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tekmar difficulties...

pat_3
pat_3 Member Posts: 89
i'm having a problem using a tekmar 262 in conjunction with a 356 and two simple taco relays.one of the taco relays is for the radiant side of the system ,the other is for high temp baseboard.my problem is i do not know how to create a boiler demand at the 262 from the taco (radiant side) relay without going through the 356.i need this seperate demand to keep p1 (primary pump)on whenever any radiant zone calls ,going through the 356,p1 only comes on when 356 has a boiler demand even though radiant zones still call which is not acceptable.re-done twice with assistence from tech support to no avail.any help will be appreciated.
Pat

Comments

• Gary Fereday
    Gary Fereday Member Posts: 427
    After

Searching Tekmar's web site, the 356 control shows no connectivity to a 262 Control. Rather it showes the 356 & the 256 doing what you ask the system to do. Just my interpetation of what is happening. bigugh
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Paul Rohrs_2 Member Posts: 171
    Tekmar

After hearing Tekmar Tech assistance fell short, I am a little "gun-shy". Why not run P1 of the the 262 control and use the end-switch from the pump relay with a 24V powered leg to boiler demand terminals 1 & 2? That will keep the demand separate from the 356. I think we can get there, lets keep trying. I concur with Bigugh that they do not show any connectivity, but all we need is power, a switch, and a load. (Carol Fey is awesome).

PR
  • pat_3

i've tried it by running a seperate 24v powered leg off the relay to 1 and 2 on the 262 but i end up getting a back feed problem when the high temp relay has its own demand.the 24v backfeeds to create a demand at the 356 that doesnt really exist.
    Pat
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    Things that make you say, \"Hmmmm?\".

How about isolating the demand from the 356 with a simple ice cube relay (24V 003 Tekmar)? It will take some additional wiring and the relay itself is $15-$20, but it might eliminate the feedback. Did the 262 get the demand signal and energize with the 24V leg from the end switch? Maybe disconnect the 356 temporarily to see if the pump relay will energize the 262.

PR
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    possible wiring?

Lets keep trying, Look at this and see what you think. (A little rough)
  • marc
    marc Member Posts: 203
    isolation relay

try splitting your end switch from radiant before going to taco. ( use ice cube relay) use dpdt relay, e.s. from radiant completes 24 volts to coil. now you have 2 end switches that are totally isolated. works great do it all the time.marc
  • Terry
    Terry Member Posts: 186
    356 Trigger.

Doesn't the "T" terminal on the 356 act as the trigger? - wiring as shown does not show anything hooked up on this terminal.

the added relay could be tied in to this trigger. the relay could then run P1 & engage boiler tie in.

??
    thinking out loud,, quietly.

Terry
  • Mark_2
    Mark_2 Member Posts: 9
    PAT! - Paul Rohrs is almost on the right track, but....

...if you in fact did call tekmar Tech Support or your local Representative, you would have had an answer right away. What you are trying to do, is not something out of the ordinary. It's common practice. tekmar has no phone records of your call.

Regards,

Mike
  • Paul Rohrs_2
    missed it by that much.....

how close Mike? Tell me what should be different? I am looking for the right way and want to be accurate.

PR
  • Mark_2
    you've got e-mail

Have a great day,

Mike
  • pat_3
    mike

yeah mike i have nothing better to do but sit on my computer all day and say that i tried to get tech support when i really didnt.the support i was getting had me rewire the controls twice already ,that's why i'm here ,to get more than one opinion before i have to rewre anything else!
    Pat
  • Mark_2
    Pat,

if you did, I apologize. I would like to know who you talked to and where.
    It is not acceptable to me, that whoever you talked to at tekmar, would not be able to provide you with the answer you needed.
    Please drop me an email.
    You get mine?

Regards,
    Mike
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Just off the press.....

A friend of the Industry from up north made some clarifications and I would like to re-submit, but not take credit for his work. excellent job Hydronicsmike.

PR
  • pat_3

paul i'm pretty sure the schematic you posted is how i have the system currently wired,and i dont think it will maintain a boiler demand at the 262 from the radiant taco relay, keeping the primary pump on whenever a radiant zone calls .when the 356 no longer has a boiler demand due to sensor temperture ,p1 shuts down.please correct me if i'm wrong.
    Pat
This discussion has been closed.