Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Latest Munchkin Install

Options
Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
Here are some before and after pics of the latest Munchkin we installed.

The old boiler had a BTU input of 160k!!! It was connected to 275 sqft. of EDR.

We did an energy audit at this home and found that there was no insulation in the exterior walls.

An insulating contractor blew dense pack celulose into the walls and attic, and did some air sealing to lower the ACH.

The owners are expecting their first child any time now and the new addition to the family will enjoy a very comfortable nursery!!

Mark H

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=238&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    Looks..........

like the piping weighs more than the toaster:)HO's must be amazed!Curious Mark....back flow preventor?I havent delved into the mini series........watching and waiting I am.

cheese
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    I see

> Here are some before and after pics of the latest

> Munchkin we installed.

>

> The old boiler had a

> BTU input of 160k!!! It was connected to 275

> sqft. of EDR.

>

> We did an energy audit at this

> home and found that there was no insulation in

> the exterior walls.

>

> An insulating contractor

> blew dense pack celulose into the walls and

> attic, and did some air sealing to lower the

> ACH.

>

> The owners are expecting their first

> child any time now and the new addition to the

> family will enjoy a very comfortable

> nursery!!

>

> Mark H

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 238&Step=30"_To Learn More About This Contractor,

> Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A

> Contractor"_/A_

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Steve Ebels
    Steve Ebels Member Posts: 904
    Options
    I see

You don't use the goofy air vent that comes with the boiler either. What size is that one? 90K??

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Still tough

To keep the finger prints off the plastic.

Ya me too, what about backflow prevention ??

Nice job Mark. Very neat and clean.

What does ACH stand for ? I am going to sound dumb for asking but I am drawing a blank.

Scott

• Mike Kraft
    Mike Kraft Member Posts: 406
    Options
    ACH

If you add an E it stands for my knees:)But I think Mark is meaning Air Exchange/hour.mmmmmmmmmk Mr.Scott?

cheese
  • Mark Hunt
    Options

The Munchkins are being sent with a plastic wrap on the cover now, so this unit didn't get all messed up but you are right about finger prints!!

ACH or Air Changes per Hour. This is what we are testing for when we do a blower door.

The infiltration of this home was 300% higher than it should have been and with 0 insulation, imagine what the heating bills were!

I work closely with an insulation/window contractor. When either of us does an audit, we refer the recommended measures to each other. If the house has HVAC system issues, I get called in. If it has shell issues, I call them. Many times the house needs both. I will post some testimonial letters here sometime. This is a GREAT program!

Mark H

• Mark Hunt
    Options

Munchkin 80m. 75 pounds!!

Gotta' be careful they don't blow out of the back of the truck on the way to the job!!!

We use Spiro's on all of our systems although I tried the B&G air resorber the other day and was quite impressed.

Mark H

• John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Options
    It's so cute!

Mark, Don't you worry that the weight of x-tank,pump,etc. might tip that little thing over? (only kidding) Also I heard steamhead using one of those for a paperweight. Nice work! John@Reliable
This discussion has been closed.