Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heat loss/gain computer programs (which are the best ?)

rmb
rmb Member Posts: 1
I see a lot of computer heat loss / gain programs and i wondering which are the better ones? Are they simple or user friendly? and how much do they cost?

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    programs

I have used Elite software and others,I now used hvac-calc
    very easy to used and price right.But it will not do audits
    Other then that worth the money.Check it out at
    WWW.hvaccomputer.com down load and give it a try.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Don't read this message. There's nothing there...

I told you not to go there!

Sorry, can't get rid of a double post ;-)

ME
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    I like...

the FREE ones. They make the most cents!! (pun intended...)

We tested a whole bunch of them once from different sources against the same floor plan, and they all came real close to each other. Less than 2% difference as I remember. It's basic mathematics. Infiltration is really the only variable, and they all treated that fairly judiciously.

The major tubing manufacturers also offer their own versions of programs if you indulge in their tube.

I like Wirsbos program.

My designer/estimator likes the Kitec program, which runs on Exel.

There are some out there that will actually figure out how much of what lengths of rolls you need and manifolds and blah blah blah...

Trust your instincts. They're natural.

Heres a Google Search of free heat loss programs. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=free+heat+loss+programs&btnG=Google+Search

Enjoy, and learn!

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    here in ......

RI the state has a rebate program for replacement boilers.You have to do a total heat-loss of the home,BUT it Must be based on the ACCA J manual.Nothing else is accepted, not Wirsbo,Slant/Finn not even IBR calulations can be used.So if its something you maybe going to use for any like that buy one thats qualified.Try the link attached. Good luck Dave
  • Dave Palmer
    Dave Palmer Member Posts: 186
    here in ......

RI the state has a rebate program for replacement boilers.You have to do a total heat-loss of the home,BUT it Must be based on the ACCA J manual.Nothing else is accepted, not Wirsbo,Slant/Finn not even IBR calulations can be used.So if its something you maybe going to use for any like that buy one thats qualified.Try the link .
    Good luck Dave http://www.firedragonent.com/publications.htm
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Sorry

Try HVAC-Calc.com,Mr Eatherton how did you get my picture?
    That was Good.
This discussion has been closed.