Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Direct Vent

keith
keith Member Posts: 224
Looking for feed back on Oil fired,sealed combustion, hydronic units. The units will be about 150,000 net BTU's. How about it? Give me the good the bad and the ugly.

Comments

• J.C.A.
    J.C.A. Member Posts: 349
    D/V

I think it is the future . My only concern is the "cowboy" burner man coming into your home without a test kit .
    Any time these units are serviced , they HAVE to be tested and re-set properly,lest you end up with a black mark on the side of your home that will never go away . Best of luck ! Chris.
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    \"Oil\" direct vent

I've put in some Burnham LE boilers with good results,oldest is about 4 years and like new.
  • kevin
    kevin Member Posts: 420
    i agree

I have installed a number of them. They include Thermodynamics LM & CWL (these guys "invented" direct venting w/ oil. Buderus makes a super nice unit G115. The Vega by QHT is also a good unit.
    I have had the Becket AF2 ,Riello bf3/5. And the Carlin burners on all 3. Riello HAD some problems, Tha af2 can be a bit tricky(you HAVE to get aburner guy that knows his stuff),I like the Carlin the best. Super quiet and great support. KPC
  • direct vent

i also tried several direct vents,i liked the af11 burner
    the best riello bf series got noisy with cold air entering
    burner from fresh air set up. what problems did you have
    with bf burner? --i also went thru the post purge recall
    program. thanks mike
  • keith
    keith Member Posts: 224
    Carlin

burner for a DVent? which one?
  • kevin
    The post purge...

was the problem.(K7R) i Put in the new burner/boiler and it failed instntly. Got another k7r and it was also bad. he people needed heat so I gave the whole unit back and put in the Carlin EZ1 w/ the air boot and post purge that the boiler had as an option. The boiler was a Buderus 115-34. It ran like a champ, no more complaints! I realize that Riello got a bunch of bad parts and that they are supposed to have fixed it but I am a bit gun shy. I can always get a new post purge control easier for a Carlin than a Riello.kpc
  • kevin
    keith

Its just an EZ-1 w/ amn air boot and their blue covered post purge(60200-02) primary control.
    Buderus and Thermodynamics both have it as an option for their DV's.kpc
This discussion has been closed.