Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

More CO Mark H

Mark Hunt
Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
It's AMAZING what you'll find when you test.

The attached photo is that of the CO reading I took today in the flue pipe of an 8 year old furnace.

That's diluted!!!!!!!!

Again, how do you answer a customer when they ask, "Why didn't my sevice guy find that?"

Mark H

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=238&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Mark Hunt

Take a look at the burner compartment. Those stains are from condensate that has leaked out of the draft inducer.

And if you look closely, on the right hand side of the burner enclosure you will notice that the roll out switch has been moved away from it's factory location.

That is how the "service professional" fixed those nuisance lock outs!!

The other pic is a lesson about running an unapproved extension cord to a dehumidifier and draping it over a gas dryer.

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mark Hunt

Check out the burner compartment!!!

Those stains are from condesate that has leaked from the draft inducer. This is a fan assisted unit.

If you look to the right of the burner enclosure you will see that the roll-out switch has been moved from it's original location. This is how the "service professional" fixed the nuisance lock-out problem!!!

And take a look at what happens when you run an unapproved "lead cord" to a dehumidifier and drape it across the front of a gas dryer!!
    Keep in mind that they still use it!!!

Mark H

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Mark

Its a good thing they call a true professional this time
    around. How about the adjustment on the burners not far from beening completly close.That why janitrol puts such long wire on there safety so you can move them where ever you like.Oh boy! Keep up the good work. don
  • looks like

you were at the lint lady's house!!
  • John@Reliable
    John@Reliable Member Posts: 379
    Tester

Hey Mark,
    Isn't that Fyrite Pro a great little tool.Never leave home with-out mine,and when you print it out the customer knows you mean business
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Good work Hunt/.......

I can't wait for heatin' season really kick in again so i can find all my CO nightmares. I had one 4 months ago that read 2000ppm.....knocked the Bacharach on its keister. - had to get it recalibrated. When you start getting readings that high it is very tempting to see how high she will go, but beware......good work Marco...Lake George here we come//////Mad Dog

• eleft_4
    eleft_4 Member Posts: 509
    Heating Season

Mat,

How's this look?

al
  • i thought those

were the infamous stachy-o-botris spores......till I seen the bird bath!!
  • Mark Hunt

It is worth much more than its' weight in gold!

We owe it to our customers to SHOW them what we are talking about.

You are so right..........NEVER leave home without it!!!

Mark H

• Mark Hunt

GOOD EYE DON!!!!!!!!

Those shutters were not only almost closed, what little opening was left had been clogged!!

The "service professional" that installed and maintained the equipment for 8 years had a BUNCH of explaining to do.

I should post the pics of the HW boiler I tested last month that is producing 1880ppm CO.

Wonder if the home centers cover this sort of thing?!??!?!??!

Mark H

This discussion has been closed.