Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

In Memory of Teddy Ballgame

Options
John (jcg)
John (jcg) Member Posts: 43
Has passed away at the age of 83. While everyone knows of his powers on the ball field, I remember him more from fishing. You see while I was just a tender teenager, Mr. Williams took time from his fishing trip in Maine to teach me the correct way to double haul a fly line. As fly fishing has remained a passion with me I have thought and will continue to think of him often.

Ted you will be missed and I know that where ever you are the Atlantic Salmon will be running. You will always be in our hearts.

jcg

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=180&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Ted

When I was a little guy, Teddy had a summer home in my home town. I knew the people that lived there later, after he sold the place.
    As a kid, I was in awe of him. Never saw him much, but we knew he was there. And that felt good. I bet he made lot's of people feel good.

Bye, Teddy Ballgame. We're still thinking of you.
  • Alan(CaliforniaRadiant)Forbes
    Options
    I used to be

the office boy for the Oakland A's back in the '70's when Charlie Finley owned the club. One of my duties was to go the the dugout of each team before the game and get the lineups to post in the pressbox. Ted Williams came into town with the Washington Senators when he managed them; I remember seeing him in the dugout. I think he was in a foul mood the one day I saw him because he wasn't saying much and everybody pretty much kept away from him. Either that, or everyone was in awe of him; he carried himself like the champ he was.

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Fly Fisherman

I played baseball as a kid, but was never anamored with it.

I do love to fly fish and so did Mr. Williams. He wrote articles for a FF mag that I receive.

God rest his soul.

Mark H

This discussion has been closed.