Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

RPA members check out - hr

Options
hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
the bulletin board in the members only section. Larry is back from ASHRAE with some interesting info.

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"</A>

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Kinda' sounds..........

like something I've been saying for years.............

hb

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Like to

share it with the rest of us?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Sure.

> share it with the rest of us?

Plates work better than suspended tube. Imagine MY suprise... Took 2 years to figure that one out. I guess ASHRAE and universities don't move real fast. Actually, the two grad students who were in charge of data collection and analysis bailed out on the research program and dropped the ball.

ME

To Learn More About This Contractor, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Contractor"
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Options
    Sure.

Plates work better than suspended tube. Imagine MY suprise... Took 2 years to figure that one out. I guess ASHRAE and universities don't move real fast. Actually, the two grad students who were in charge of data collection and analysis bailed out on the research program and dropped the ball.

ME

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    Isn't this

what you and your Red Rocks students said a couple of years ago?
    Retired and loving it.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    It's been know

for ten years or more by the original inventor and patent holders.
    I, for one, think it was important for all parties in the radiant industry that the testing be done, and sanctioned by the engineering community, ASHRAE in this case. It should help end the debated differences. Maybe not :)

Sounds like a lot of radiant issues were focused on at the ASHRAE meeting. I am anxious to see some numders and data. Nothing on their website as of yesterday. I'm not sure the exact procedure and timetable for publishing the research results. I joined ASHRAE and just recieved my membership card, I'll stay on it and update all as will the RPA newsletter.

hot rod

• Robert O'Connor
    Robert O'Connor Member Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Best Wishes,

Robert O'Connor
  • Bill Clinton
    Bill Clinton Member Posts: 75
    Options
    test results

Hope we get quantitative guidelines for design. My point of view has always been that plates are more effective but that suspended tube is a good alternative with moderate heating loads. Trouble is, I've never known how "moderate" that had to be. Hope the research sheds light.

Bill
This discussion has been closed.