Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Need Help

I have an old oil steam boiler and trying to figure out the brand. If anyone can tell me who made this, I would be forever grateful  :)

Comments

• MikeAmann
    MikeAmann Member Posts: 996
    Do you see that yellow sticker with the phone number on it?
    Call them to see if they have any records on your boiler.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,575
    edited November 2022
    See if there is a ratings plate underneath all the filth on the top or inside that door. brand won't really change how you service it. there may be asbestos insulation inside that side door.
  • ScottSecor
    ScottSecor Member Posts: 851
    My guess is a 1970's Peerless or American Standard. Most likely it's been repainted.
  • BDR529
    BDR529 Member Posts: 281
    edited November 2022
    I'll take a stab.. Bunham Jubelee. The copper polishes up nice and shiney,. but then you get giant crabs singing songs to you.
    MaxMercyEdTheHeaterMan
  • MaxMercy
    MaxMercy Member Posts: 507
    BDR529 said:

I'll take a stab.. Bunham Jubelee. The copper polishes up nice and shiney,. but then you get giant crabs singing songs to you.

That would be my guess. The side access door looks exactly like a 70s Burnham.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    Hard to believe there is no identification on there, The I=B=R rating plate must be under the green cover somewhere. Or it is embossed in the cast iron somewhere. I doubt that it is American Standard, The tell tale hook mount to hang the ARCOFLAME burner is missing from the front door just below the observation door..

Not everybody will get that.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics