Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus 142-60 low speed only

Options
Hi to all,
I have had a Buderus 142-60 since 2005, it has always required lots of attention. We rebuilt the boiler late last year and since that time it runs well but will not kick into high speed mode. This may have been present before the rebuild. I can run the purge which works just fine for the duration of the half hour cycle but when done it returns to a gentle idle. Have replaced the ionization rod and the ignitor but that was more for PM.

I have disconnected the GB10 and usually leave the boiler on auto. I do not use the hot water supply. I have removed all tie wraps and have the wires all exposed and inspected for signs of chewy mice. This all looks like disheveled but it is all proper.

One note is we had water leaking from the condensation collector, it was mild and with a new gasket the only moisture I feel seems to be simple condensation on the outside of the boiler.

Dave

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    How is the heating of the home ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • DaveRiedel
    DaveRiedel Member Posts: 4
    Options
    It a very unique home (Frank Lloyd Wright) I have both in floor heating and forced air. The house stays warm but the one wing that has less forced air can not get above 67 when it is lower than 20 degrees. As one might suspect the forced air runs more than usual and the concrete floors are not as warm. Boiler stay around 95.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Why did you disconnect the GB10 ? That would be the outdoor sensor .
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    hot_rod
  • DaveRiedel
    Options
    I felt that removing the GB10 might alter the behavior of the boiler. Try to eliminate the variables or tickle the source of the problem as one might say. It is back in as I felt it wasn't making a difference.
  • DaveRiedel
    Options
    Well I did fix it. Not sure how but the boiler load was set to L30. I changed it to L-- and we now have warm floors