Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Home Security

KAB_2
KAB_2 Member Posts: 15
Gang has anyone ever tried out this system or anything like it. Was looking for something to replace ADT in my house but I can't find an all in one solution that includes smoke detection and alarms to fire dept and police dept. Mostly I use ADT for low heat on a second home and would gladly replace with smart t-stat but wifey wants to keep added security. Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I dumped ADT years ago and went with a smaller alarm company with regional monitoring.
    You can add your own WiFi cameras like Blink or Ring
    steve
  • Jon_blaney
    Jon_blaney Member Posts: 316
    I have Honeywell and 2gig equipment in my home and it works fine. The trouble with the equipment is that it is not really diy. You can install it yourself but there is a steep learning curve. I would look elsewhere if you want a diy solution. There are monitoring companies all over the place who will be happy to take your money.
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,159
    Back when I really cared about such things I always liked the bumper sticker "This truck insured by Smith & Wesson".

My daughter and son in law still do care. But in their case the property is insured by multiple makers...

It would be nice to think that the police would get there in time -- and believe me I have tremendous respect for the police. But in both urban and rural areas they are badly overstretched, and "in time" may not be relevant, depending on the situation. The places we care for all do have security systems, however, and in general when there has been an alarm at one of them, which happens from time to time, they have been able to get someone there to check in from ten to twenty minutes.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Gsmith
    Gsmith Member Posts: 431
    Simplisafe
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,570
    edited November 2021

Simplisafe

This.

Along the driveway side of my house there is a path that leads to my back yard and back door, I have a narrow, rubbermaid shed for rakes and things. On the side, I have an sign that says, " Please Look Up". When you do, you will see another sign hanging from a dead camera that says, "Thanks!".

Never been burgled.
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2021
    I recently went through an eval of all the local security alarm providers in metro Boston area as well as DIY solutions. System pricing ranges from 2K-9K installed, monitoring from 15 to 60/month. I decided to go DIY with a Qolsys IQ panel and DSC PowerG sensors (smoke, CO, security). Johnson Controls is behind both companies. It meets local fire dept requirements. Yes ... wireless not wired. About 20 sensors need a battery change every 3 years. 5K saved on install will buy a lot of batteries.
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186

Simplisafe

Careful with some of these systems.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2016/02/17/simplisafe-alarm-attacks/?sh=6020b62d3b00

Hopefully all these issues have been resolved.