Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A good quote ..

jpf321
jpf321 Member Posts: 1,568
I thought this quote would be suitable for this community... enjoy ..
We must learn to honor excellence in every socially accepted human activity, however humble the activity, and to scorn shoddiness, however exalted the activity. An excellent plumber is infinitely more admirable than an incompetent philosopher. The society that scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water.

- John W. Gardner, author and leader (1912-2002)
1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm
my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics
Alan (California Radiant) ForbesRich_49ZmanIronmandelcrossv

Comments

• Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    One good quote deserves another!

“If I had my life to live over again, I’d be a plumber.” – Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Yours, Larry
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesRich_49
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    After more than 40 years in the plumbing and heating business if I had it to do over again I'd be an electrician that works on only control wiring.

Jake
    rick in Alaska
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    If I had to do my life over again I would do so many things differently, but the choice of my career would be the same. 
    Steve Minnich
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    edited November 2021
    I gotta say it. My father was a lawyer and pushed me hard to become one. I went into the trades because they follow the un-mushy rules of physics. Practitioners of the law follow whatever whatever rules they can make up and get away with. >:)

Yours, Larry

ps. “The inquiry of truth, which is the love-making, or the wooing of it, the knowledge of truth, which is the presence of it, and the belief of truth, which is the enjoying of it, is the sovereign good of human nature.” Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626)
    Alan (California Radiant) ForbesPC7060