Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HTP / Westinghouse crossover floor error E02 Ignition Failure

markwl
markwl Member Posts: 15
Have had a Westinghouse crossover floor installed for about a year and a half. The other day it stopped igniting and shows error E02. It now trips the GFCI receptacle that it is plugged into when ignition is attempted (never tripped it when it would ignite). Plugged it into a non-GFCI receptacle and it attempts ignition but won't ignite.

Anyone have an idea why it would be tripping the GFCI?

Thanks

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,574
    Look for damage to the insulation in the ignition wire or for cracked porcelain in the base of the ignitor or for the insulation/coil having broken down in the coil that drives the ignitor.
    PC7060
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    Does it ignite for 4 seconds and then go out? If so, look for a loose or broken ground inside the unit.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • markwl
    Thanks for the suggestions. It doesn't ignite at all, just keeps attempting to ignite and then error E02. Checked all the wiring I can see and looks okay. Still keeps tripping the GFCI.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,574
    Try unplugging the ignition coil from the board and see if that stops it tripping the gfci. if it does pull out the coil and look very carefully at the coil, the wiring, and the electrode for any black spots, pinholes, or cracks where the high voltage is arcing to ground. it doesn't look like it got wet from a system or condensate leak anywhere inside, does it?
  • markwl
    I'll try when I get home.....there was some water from what looks like a very small leak from the hot water out.