Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gunnar Laarson, 1958 Patent for Press fittings..

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524
edited May 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
I know that there has been some confusion on behalf of who invented the press fitting method so that i figured that i would clarifiy this one..

In approx.1981 Mannesmann/Geberit Mapress (Not Viega) was the first Pressable system system that i was introduced to during my trade in Germany ...

Personally i think that the Credit should go to the Swedish Engineer Gunnar Larsson which applied for the patent in 1958 and installed the first Copper press system in 1963

Attached is a link that may help with this (Page 6)
https://cms.esi.info/Media/documents/Geber_mapressinstal_ML.pdf

Respectfully submitted.
Richard,Heatmeister Group.
IronmanSTEVEusaPAPC7060

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    Lot of information there.

Didn't see steam mentioned as an application, maybe I missed it
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,524

Lot of information there.

Didn't see steam mentioned as an application, maybe I missed it

rief

The "Green" O-Ring has a proven performance history in high temperature applications and is able to withstand constant temperatures of up to 180 C (356F) @ 16 bar (87 PSI) This O-Ring is used in systems such as Glycol filled Solar Systems.( Not Drain backs )
    I am not sure about Steam systems since Double hung thermostats are Pretty much a thing of the past in Europe :D
    They most likely have something for process Steam...I could ask my Brother since he is a Engineer at Biotest (Covid 19 Vacine manufacturer) near Frankfurt and of course they work with Large process Steam systems.

Geberit Mapress (Metric Dimensions) is mainly only offered in the EU and for Ship construction in the USA and Arabia...
    Not sure... but i do not think that the American Piping Market is something that they are interessted in.

As far as i understand they are only Offering the Toilets and the Flush systems in the USA.
    If you are interessted or have questions maybe you can contact them at this e mail address:

Geberit Ltd Technical Services on
    E-Mail: technical@geberit.co.uk Which is for the UK

Or for the USA: customerservice.us@geberit.com

Let us know what you find out !
    Thanks..Richard.