Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacement for Baxi Luna HT 380 combi boiler

Options
Nomorebaxis
Nomorebaxis Member Posts: 3
Looking for suggestions for a suitable replacement / upgrade for my 12 years old Baxi HT380 combi boiler.

I've been considering the following: NTI TRX150c, IBC SFC199 and Bosch Greenstar ZWB42-3. Wondering if anyone has experience or cautionary tales with any of these models. Parts for NTI are readily available in my area and most installers seem to like them, not sure about other two manufacturers. 

Comments

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    I've been very pleased with IBC boilers, but have yet to try their new SuperFlow series and they are well represented in my area.

Readily available parts for the NTI boilers is a big plus.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    kcopp
  • Nomorebaxis
    Options
    Thanks Alan. From what I can tell, the IBCs do seem be a superior boiler, but a little worried about finding readily available parts in my area down the road. (I'm on the East coast) 
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options

Thanks Alan. From what I can tell, the IBCs do seem be a superior boiler, but a little worried about finding readily available parts in my area down the road. (I'm on the East coast) 

Nice this about the Superflows it there are not that many parts to replace. Only 5 moving parts. Whoever sells the boiler will have the parts on hand. With the HC/Dc series I have a service kit that pretty much has every part I would ever need to get the boiler pack up and running at that time. No need to wait for a supply house to open.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    From your handle, it seems you may have had problems with your old Baxi-care to elaborate?—NBC
  • Nomorebaxis
    Options
    Yes, correct NBC, the Baxi has been giving me grief to no end the last couple years, where it keeps short-cycling on the CH side. Three different companies, five technicians and many spare parts later, the only thing that ever help was flushing the appliance with a utility pump and descalling agent, which I started doing myself on an almost weekly basis. But then the DHW side, which had worked the entire time, started short-cycling as well, and now just last weekend the internal expansion tank in the unit went. At this point, given the boiler's age, I'd rather just rip the darn thing off the wall and start fresh with a new appliance.