Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tank

Options
Holly101
Holly101 Member Posts: 1
This part is leaking on my tank , and we’re having troubles with hot water . Can I pull it out ? 

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,280
    Options
    Well, your post is just a wee bit hard to read...

But, at a guess, you might be able to pull whatever it is out. Might not, too. Hard to say. If you do, however, you are likely to get very wet indeed.

Do you have the manual for the equipment? Manuals are often very useful for that sort of question...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,834
    Options
    That looks like the bottom of a Tankless. So the description of this discussion might be misleading.

If it is actually a picture of a tank of some kind, I have no idea what the leaking part is.

If it is the bottom of a tankless water heater, that may be the way to access a strainer. By removing a clip (after turning off the water feed) you can remove the strainer to clean (or replace) it. then it can be easily get put back in and the clip inserted. If it still leaks then there is usually an O-ring that makes the water tite seal. That O-ring may need to be replaced...

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    aperson
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,291
    Options
    Hi @Holly101 , Is it possible to get another photo from further away? And, what brand of heater is it? Model number would be helpful too!

Yours, Larry
  • aperson
    aperson Member Posts: 66
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Yeh, I bet it's a screen to filter debris. Try to take it apart and clean it. Looks like the plug to the drain hose from the screen I have on my washing machine.
  • plumbbob
    plumbbob Member Posts: 19
    Options
    looks like a navien combi unit and u may need to open up the unit to see if it is leaking from inside just to make sure