Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Laars Endurance 110EBP rty Retry Ignition

jeffceo
jeffceo Member Posts: 27
edited April 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Hi, I have a Laars Endurance 110EBP... no heat or hot water. Checked the unit and it was in lock out (LO). Hit the reset button and it attempts to start and ignite. The blower fan runs and the igniter gets red hot (I removed it to test). Yes, I do have plenty of propane. Also, the water pressure in the system is 0. I am thinking this is due to water pressure dropping as it cooled.

I am getting the "rty" code on the screen. Also, the blower seems to be making quite a racket now, almost a rattling noise. It is however sucking air through the inlet so it is not seized. Gas valve is getting 25 VAC but I cant confirm if gas is flowing to burner.

Any ideas? We have a little one at home and it will be in the 30's tonight. Thanks!

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    If the system water pressure is really 0, the system may be locked out on low water. Most have a safety switch to prevent dry firing.

So... is the system water pressure really 0, or very low? If so, why? I'm assuming that this is hot water heat, and if so the system water pressure should be at least 12 psi for a one story house (more if 2) when the system is cold, and should rise no more than 3 or 4 psi when the system is fully warmed up.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • jeffceo
    jeffceo Member Posts: 27
    It was 0 but I bumped it up to around 10 (I have the autofill valve off because it over-pressurizes the system). Still won't fire. The igniter and gas valve LEDs to turn on so I don't think it would get that far if there was a low water safety? Thanks!
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    jeffceo said:

It was 0 but I bumped it up to around 10 (I have the autofill valve off because it over-pressurizes the system). Still won't fire. The igniter and gas valve LEDs to turn on so I don't think it would get that far if there was a low water safety? Thanks!

A short translation of that -- either you yourself need to learn how to service your complete system, including the boiler, or you need to find a qualified technician -- might be a plumber, but more likely a person who specializes in heating systems -- to do so.

Let's see. You had low water pressure -- therefore a leak or leaks somewhere. You have an autofill valve which is either misadjusted or defective. You have a Lars Endurance -- a fine boiler -- which has at least one and probably two or three problems. Wonder what else...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • fenkel
    fenkel Member Posts: 162
    how does it over pressure?  Does the boiler blow the relief valve?
    check your manual over. You need at least  12 lbs to operate. Under that pressure,the boiler will try to start. since your low on system pressure-the boiler will not open the gas valve..
    add more water to system and retry.
     if you lose pressure again, you have a leak to find and fix!