Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Flir E4 Repair

Options
Zman
Zman Member Posts: 7,569
edited February 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
I have an 8 year old Flir E4 that has been hacked to perform like an E8. It turns out they are the same camera with different firmware.
The camera has recently stopped working and I would love to get it fixed. The problem is, if I send it to Flir it will probably come back as an unhackable E4 which is not a very good camera.
Does anyone know of a repair shop that would take a look at the camera without asking too many questions?
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
Albert Einstein

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Watching...Mine needs at least a new battery soldered in-won't charge and only comes on for a second. For the cost of the repair, I might just take a whack at it.
    steve
    kcoppZman
  • Zman
    Options
    I have a Flir One Pro as a backup. It works quite well but it is awkward to keep connected and the battery life is horrible. I find it takes up to an hour to find all the tubes and you usually have to stop and recharge.
    Thinking hard about getting Flir C5. It is small enough to keep in the truck and seems easy to use.
    Albert Einstein
  • Zman
    Options

Watching...Mine needs at least a new battery soldered in-won't charge and only comes on for a second. For the cost of the repair, I might just take a whack at it.

Cant figure out how to take it apart. I found the 4-Torx 10 screws, there must be more under a snap in panel.
    Albert Einstein
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    I'm sure google will show you how to open it up. Soldering electronics is easy compared to pipe...
  • Zman
    Options
    Well, I took mine apart. The circuit board memory battery had come unsoldered on one side. I touched it and the battery holder fell apart. Darn fat fingers! :(
    If anyone wants some Flir E4 parts, send me a PM and I'll mail you the ziplock bag. :D
    Albert Einstein
    STEVEusaPA
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Zman said:

Well, I took mine apart. The circuit board memory battery had come unsoldered on one side. I touched it and the battery holder fell apart. Darn fat fingers! :(
    If anyone wants some Flir E4 parts, send me a PM and I'll mail you the ziplock bag. :D

OH NO!!!!!
    steve