Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle tube ps175 E44 error

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
edited February 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Hey all, we have a boiler locked out on E44 and when reset blower comes on for a moment than back out on 44. Couple of the troubleshooting manuals for solo175 (non trimax) say main control control fault, others say gas valve circuit error. We verified temps of supply, return and flue sensors which per manual need to be within 10 degrees of each other after boiler off for hr + and all stabilized. Verified coil 1 and 2 on gas valve, ohms ck out, checked all connectors. Even tried another MCBA. We don’t have a rectifier cable in stock nor supplier as it’s the weekend. Any other ideas all. Big house, cold clients.
Thanks in advance
Tim

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Is it a MCBA 3 or 5?
    This is from the service manual for MCBA 5.I may have a manual for the MCBA 3 in paper form somewhere.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • tim smith
    edited February 2021
    Thanks Zman, I did get a call back from tech support a little bit ago. We went through both service manuals and have verified resistance, temps on s,r and flue sensors and their proximity to each other. Interesting enough is the version 3 says if reset control and goes back to E44, replace control. Version 5 says short in gas valve or Rectifier cable or bad readings from sensors on supply,return,flue sensors. I am hoping that we didnt bake our spare mcba following the Version 3 troubleshooting and it is a version 5 and per tech support he has seen this before where tech plugs in new mcba and due to short on gv or rectifier circuit it takes out the new mcba. :(
    Thanks again for reply
    Tim
  • tim smith
    Btw, Triangle support gets extra credit for the fast response on the weekend when I emailed them this am.
    Thanks Triangle
    Tim
    kcoppZman
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,418
    Let us know how it plays out...