Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Where to get the control wire for gas valve of a Viessmann boiler?

sunlight33
sunlight33 Member Posts: 378
If I want to replace the control wire for the gas valve on Vitodens 200-W, is there a part number for this part?

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    You would have to look in a parts manual. In a pinch just use wire rated for the gas valve voltage.

Then order the correct wire or wiring harness and replace it
  • sunlight33
    edited January 2021
    I didn't see anything like that in the part catalog. The reason I am asking is because once I pulled one of the wires out of the molex connector but accidently damaged the connector so when I pushed it back in it's not as tight as before. I guess I could just buy the connector pin and crimp it myself.
  • You can text Viessmann tech. support at (800)288-0667 and give them the model and serial number of your boiler and ask them for the part number. If you already have a case number, give them that number. However, if you are the homeowner and they find out, they may not work with you.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • PerryHolzman
    PerryHolzman Member Posts: 234
    edited January 2021
    The Viessmann site has a page for manuals: Current Boilers & Another Page for Historic Boilers

They also have a comprehensive parts catalog/manual that covers all boiler models that goes back at least about 20 years on discontinued models.

The Parts Catalog/Manual has diagrams and part number lists. You may need to ensure your boiler model number and serial number.

You may end up buying an entire wiring harness; or a partial wiring harness.

In my case, for my boiler (now superseded) the diagrams list the Item #s for various cables and wiring harnesses (although in some cases you need to know the connection number to identify the cable), and the numbers are on the part list.

I wish you well with this,

Perry
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Many of the connectors I see used in furnaces are bog-standard, and I've had luck in the past taking it in to the local electronics store & getting it matched up to replace damaged pins, housings, etc.

Without a part number, you'd be pretty unlikely to find the right one, there's so many of them; you really need someone who will recognize right off "oh, that's a model X from blah blah blah mfgr".

• sunlight33
    I searched the catalog (PDF file with 1000 pages), but didn't see anything listed for this wiring harness. In fact, it didn't have any wiring harness for the WB2B models. If anyone can find it for me I would be very appreciated.
  • gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    text Viessmann serial and model number. they will text you a part number. harness looks like this

Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • PerryHolzman
    edited January 2021

I searched the catalog (PDF file with 1000 pages), but didn't see anything listed for this wiring harness. In fact, it didn't have any wiring harness for the WB2B models. If anyone can find it for me I would be very appreciated.

I see a several different wiring harnesses or connector cables for the WB2B in the parts manual, Part numbers can change depending on the size of the boiler.

Perhaps what you are looking for is: Wiring harness, X8/X9.

Look at the circuit board that your harness is plugged into - and you will find "X" numbers for the connectors (they are usually small and on the edge). I have a dead WB2A circuit board for my WB2A boiler as it died at 12.5 years (you would likely have a different circuit board). It has connector plugs for X2 - X7 on one side, and X10 - X15 on the other side (and X8-X9 might plug into the power module board on my boiler - which is in a separate enclosure and I'm not opening it to look).

My memory is that the connectors were also labeled with their specific X# so that you could not confuse where you plugged them in as a 4 of the WB2A X2-X7 sockets use the exact same size/shape connector, and 2 others are also of the same shape/size (I'm not going to shut down the boiler and open up the panel to look).

If looking at the circuit board & connector to find the X#'s for your connector does not work, then contact Viessmann for assistance. They will need the Model number (Vitodens 200 WB2B, Size of boiler (19 - 105), and serial number.

I wish you well with this,

Perry

Edited to add: If its not X8 or X9, telling Viessmann what the connector number is will certainly help them identify the correct part number.
  • PerryHolzman
    gennady said:

text Viessmann serial and model number. they will text you a part number. harness looks like this

Note: This items part number is listed in the Parts Manual for the 80 & 105 Sized Boiler as: Wiring Harness, Ground.

The 45 & 60 use a different part number.

I did not see a "ground" wiring harness listed for the 19, 26, and 35. Please check with Viessmann if its not the X8/X9 connection.

Perry
  • sunlight33
    I will take a look, thanks for the help!