Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Book recomendation

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
Larry Weingarten sent me a copy of Braiding Sweetgrass, which is so gorgeous it made my eyes ache. If you're looking for something to quiet your busy mind right about now read this one. It's also available on Audible, and read by the author.

Larry, you're the best. Thanks.

Retired and loving it.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I forgot how to read...for fun.
    steve
    kcopp
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Make a resolution. :)
    Retired and loving it.
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    I'm just kidding. But it is nice to be reminded of the joy that happens when you put down the iPad, and pick up a book.

Happy New Year Dan!
    steve
    rick in Alaska
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Happy New Year to you and yours, @STEVEusaPA. Thanks for all that you do!
    Retired and loving it.
    STEVEusaPA
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Hi, Perspective is one of most favorite words. There can be so much power in using perspectives. Without it, you can't really troubleshoot or see the world as others do. What I like about this book, are the very different perspectives shared. Thanks @DanHolohan for putting it up here!

Yours, Larry
    kcopp
  • lager
    lager Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Just read the sample pages, I will be ordering this book tonight

Thanks to Larry & Dan
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Enjoy!
    Retired and loving it.
  • lager
    lager Member Posts: 56
    Options
    In February of 2018, I made my 1st and so far only visit to Kansas City, along with my wife and step-daughter.
    The wife and step-daughter decided one night at 9:00 Pm they wanted to go shopping at Target, 20 minutes one way from the Hotel. Naturally I bitched and complained, but went anyway, so they would not drive alone in unfamiliar surroundings. On the way back to the Hotel, I saw a sign, turn here for the Shawnee Indian Mission School.
    My wife & I (step-daughter was there for Honors Choir & was busy) visited the Mission School, the next day.
    For me there was an emotional attachment to stand in the same classrooms that these children attended. And to add to that, was the way I ran across the sign, had no idea it existed.

I was born and have lived 44 of my 64 years in a town that was originally a Shawnee Indian Village, Wapakoneta Ohio. Until we forced them out and sent them to a reservation in Kansas.
    To think that I was standing in the same place that children possible stood, that were born in the same place I was, but forced to leave their Ancestral Home against their will, touched me deeply.

Cannot wait to read this book.

Jim Walls (Lager)