Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydrostat 3250 settings for 6 zone plus indirect

Options
razzor
razzor Member Posts: 20
Hi,

I had a new boiler installed last year and trying to get the most efficient settings for my Hydrostat 3250. I have 6 heating zones plus an indirect water heater. I don’t believe it is set up for priority. Can someone tell me what the settings should be? Hi/Lo limits, Econ setting, etc?

Picture attached.

Thanks.

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited December 2020
    Options
    The indirect should be connected to the Priority zone in the zone panel and the Hot to the circulator for the indirect also gets wired in parallel to ZR on the Hydrostat. Switch on priority on the zone panel and switch on "I" in the Hydrostat. High 160° (as outdoor temps lower, you might need to raise it. Max 180°). Low is Off.
    Economy, you can start high and see if it satisfies the zones in a reasonable time. If not, lower the economy settings. 
    Why are there two set of wires connected to TT in the Hydrostat? Are there multiple switching relays?
    STEVEusaPA
  • razzor
    razzor Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks. The indirect isn’t set up as a priority. Is the TT the one top left? Not sure what that is. I’ll go look at it.
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,835
    edited December 2020
    Options
    If the indirect isn't set up as priority then using the economy settings might result in insufficient domestic hot water. 
    You could probably get away with keeping the priority switch off in the zone panel, so space heat pumps and the domestic pump can be powered at the same time, but without wiring to ZR, the control won't know there's a domestic demand and to override the economy for quicker recovery.