Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

auto express set up energy kinetics access cs

i was wondering if i should use the low or high setting on the auto express and what the temperature differences are between the two settings. The boiler is fantastic! Incredibly efficient. Just want to get the most out of it. Appreciate any feedback

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    You mean the Accel CS I guess. 
    Start with the low 160°/120° setting. Leave it there until there is a "design day". If the boiler keeps up,  you're gold. If not, raise it to the 180°/140° setting. 
    Turn on SmartBoost and try not to use setback thermostats. 
    How many zones?
    Roger
  • dhastings
    dhastings Member Posts: 4
    yes the accel cs. thanks for the info. I have 3 zones . House is a cape. Main floor, upstairs and the basement. Each has a zone. I have never used smart boost but will turn it on.
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 329
    Great response, @HVACNUT - thank you! And thank you to @dhastings for such a fine compliment on the Accel CS.

SmartBoost will allow each zone to run in its most efficient reset temperature state for up to 25 minutes or 45 minutes (select this in the menu). If the reset curve is not adequate to responsively heat that zone at a given outdoor temperature, SmartBoost will do exactly what a heat pro would do and it increases the hydronic supply temperature which boosts the radiation output to ensure responsive comfort. After the thermostat is satisfied, the Condensing Energy Manager will then slowly drop the target temperature back down so a recurring call on that zone will remain responsive for a period of time. This also allows the system to be set with a very aggressive reset curve without worrying about underheating, assuming the zones have adequate radiation. It should also be very effective for night setback thermostats, although the response will of course be delayed by the SmartBoost timing. There is more information in our manual about how the SmartBoost reponse is further optimized based on system conditions.

Happy Heating!
    Roger
    President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.
    Erin Holohan Haskell