Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water baseboard help

Options
tjbones
tjbones Member, Email Confirmation Posts: 1
edited November 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
Looking to add baseboard to my finished basement previous owner had a wood stove in there but really not into burning wood. I already added another zone to my boiler just up in the air on which baseboard and how much. The basement room is 26x18 with 7 foot ceilings all three exterior walls are below grade. The other wall butts up to a garage and the other half to a laundry room with heat. The foundation is block with furring strips on it with r-3 insulation board then sheet rock. My original plan was to put 20 feet of slant fin 30 in but I’m doing the math and I don’t think that is enough my next though was using multi/pak 80. The reason I only say 20 feet is that would be the easiest with tearing walls and ceilings down. Please let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,289
    Options
    Use the Slant/Fin heat loss calculator on the room. It will guide you to how much baseboard you really need, as well as giving you the heat loss.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    fenkel