Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Does air eventually move through the pump?

I bled my pump after I changed the filter into a small bottle. The boiler is running now but from what I’ve read I need to bleed at least a half gallon while a tube is hooked up To the bleeder.

The tank and boiler are close and level to one another and it’s running fine I’m just wondering if I should go and buy some tubing and drain a half gallon out?

Comments

• Northupthere
    Northupthere Member Posts: 35
    And can the oil filter be on a slight angle where it mounts? The bracket is kind of bent downward a little but not bad. It just made the filter slightly in an angle
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    Angle of the filter is just a bit sloppy -- won't affect the operation. Ideally one would bleed the pump into a clear container until one saw all the bubbles stop. There isn't really a volume required.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Northupthere
    It is sloppy it bother me but the bracket won’t bend. I’ve read so much about air bubbles in oil after filter change and I was hoping I don’t have to bleed it a different way. Thanks
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2020
    Proper bleed is a power vacuum bleed. Hose in can, submerged in oil, until no more air.
    Unless you have a 2 pipe, with bypass plug installed, then you don't have to bleed. But too much air, vacuum leak, or high vacuum will still cause a lockout.
    steve
  • Northupthere
    It is one line from the tank to a valve and through a filter to the burner motor
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Is the burner running?
    You've got three different but the same threads going.
    If it's running, leave it.
    If you don't already have one, get a service agreement with a reputable contractor who is familiar with Buderus and Riello.
    What's the operating control? Logamatic 2107 or aquastat?
  • Northupthere
    I am in Maine in the middle of nowhere. There aren’t any dealers let alone for this type of equipment.

I’m on my own basically. Besides the internet and you tube to help me.
    There is a guy that does tuneups as part of the oil delivery plan. He tested it yesterday. I don’t know what you mean by controls? There’s a box on the side and on top. The one in the side is black and the other is grey.
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    I'm in Maine on the edge of nowhere. PM sent.
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    HVACNUT