Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Programming option, Viessmann B2HA

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
edited February 2020 in THE MAIN WALL
I yet again find myself in the highly unfortunate position of having to commission two Viessmann Vitodens B2HA boilers and the display of ancient hieroglyphics they call a control. I need to run them without the outdoor sensors for a week or so while some other work is completed on the building but the boilers don't like to run without it and they go into alert which is not ideal.
If someone here knows how to program the boiler to ignore the missing outdoor sensor, I would thank you for passing that process along to me.
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    I don't know but

What if you found the resistance of the outdoor sensor at say 20 degrees outdoor air and buy a resistor and wire it in
    mattmia2
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    You'll likely have to contact the Toronto (Waterloo) office to get the answer. 800-387-7373 ask for Jeff Cox
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,979
    edited February 2020
    The Viessmann Application Guide is very handy for setting operation parameters.

Click here, scroll down the list and highlight "Vitodens 200-W, B2HA" and then click on "Application Guide". Page 30 has the instructions you're looking for from the Setup Wizard.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • JohnNY

The Viessmann Application Guide is very handy for setting operation parameters.

Click here, scroll down the list and highlight "Vitodens 200-W, B2HA" and then click on "Application Guide". Page 30 has the instructions you're looking for from the Setup Wizard.

Interesting, Alan. Thank you.

Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • JohnNY

I don't know but

What if you found the resistance of the outdoor sensor at say 20 degrees outdoor air and buy a resistor and wire it in

This is funny. I actually took two of the resistors that come with Taco relays now and put them in series to clear the missing sensor fault. It reads 147° but it worked to make DHW. Great minds think alike? Thanks for chiming in.
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @JohnNY
    I am far from a controls expert. But if a sensor is bad (or non existent) you can sometimes fool a system by disconnecting or jumping the sensor or in this case faking it out.

Probably somewhere in the Viessmann material it will have a chart for the sensor outdoor air versus resistance
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    edited February 2020

@JohnNY
    I am far from a controls expert. But if a sensor is bad (or non existent) you can sometimes fool a system by disconnecting or jumping the sensor or in this case faking it out.

Probably somewhere in the Viessmann material it will have a chart for the sensor outdoor air versus resistance

hopefully it will also go in to a default mode if it is shorted.

Of course you would hope that for it being open as well.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,616
    I just remembered about these in another thread. Maybe one of them would work, & allow you to complete the ODR as well?
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    @ratio
    those sensors look like a lifesaver on some jobs. Hopefully they are dependable. Indoor range is 2000 feet.

Based on passed experience with Trane wireless sensors used as thermostats on a job 5 years ago I have my doubts. They would work in some buildings depending on wall construction and picking up "noise" from other building wiring but were not reliable in all cases. + the battery issue