Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam piping and pressure differential

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 635
edited December 2019 in THE MAIN WALL
Steam piping and pressure differential

Read the full story here

Comments

• jumper
    jumper Member Posts: 2,245
    Augie is wiser than I am not to share. Some people become angry with me when I can't resist telling them that what they intend to do won't work.
  • Jackmartin
    Jackmartin Member Posts: 196
    I was at a job recently. They took out the old 114 year old boiler and installed two McLain 22 horsepower boilers. The engineer who should be disbarred told them they needed a 600 gallon return tank cast iron with duplex pumps. They had to excavate part of the lane and bust down the basement wall into the boiler room below grade to get this tank in Then he specified a two inch F and T off the header to drain off the condensate with no static head on the trap at all. Nothing worked the water hammer would test your head off and there were so many insurance claims for ruined floors and rugs the insurance companies were going to refuse to insure these people anymore. They charged this apartment house turned into condominiums 500 k and each resident had 8 k added to their mortgage. The management company charged the residents 30 k for project management. I did some retrofit work got some of the problems fixed, I told them to sue the Eng. Company nope they did not want to cause trouble? Worse yet one of the largest contractors in Canada went along with this nonsense money speaks volumes. I met with their experts clearly they should sell shoes.