Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hi Im back.

John Ruhnke
John Ruhnke Member Posts: 882
Hi,

Im back.

Just trying to see where this thread posts. Im trying to post in the wall.

John Ruhnke
I am the walking Deadman
Hydronics Designer
Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.

Comments

• SeanBeans
    SeanBeans Member Posts: 520
    Not only did you post on the wall, you posted on The Main Wall!
  • John Ruhnke
    I first started to post on the wall back in the mid 90's. I had to log into CompuServe back in those days. The wall was the wild west back then. Absolutely no censoring. Totally freedom. That lasted a while until some drunk started to get really obscene with his posts and real offensive. Some people just can't handle pure freedom.

Anyway I learned tons about hydronics here. I grew smarter and got better and better. I turned into a wallie and eventually I became a GOAT. This place was always one of the best educational tools around. I got to thank Dan and all the other wallies for that. It feels good to be back. Back to where it all started.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Gary Jansen_4mattmia2
  • John Ruhnke
    My past life www.ComfortableHeat.com

My new life. RadiantCoolingDistributors.com I started the business April 19th just a few days ago with my partner Robert Kennedy. I am now representing Messana Radiant Cooling Systems. My business is so new there isn't even a website yet.

I am back from the dead.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    @John Ruhnke_2

Welcome back. Good luck with your very new business.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    edited April 2019
    Welcome back, @John Ruhnke_2. Here are some tips for how to post, message, etc: https://heatinghelp.com/forum-user-manual And let us know if you have any questions.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    Nice to have you back. you always brought clever and unique ideas and components to the wall.
    Tell us more about the radiant cooling products. Do you have emitters? Ceiling panels?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Hello, John. Welcome back.
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Ruhnke
    Good to post with you again. I am representing Messana Radiant Cooling. They have a huge presence in Europe under another name. They are from Italy. They are relatively new here in the USA. Bigger presence in Cali where the main headquarters is.

We are now advancing and evolving in the radiant industry. We can now tell the hot air contractor to retire. He can stay home. Do some fishing and relax a bit we don't need him anymore. It is our time now. The future belongs to hydronic contractors.

The Ray Magic Ceiling panels deliver both heating and cooling. The gypsum has a insulation factor of 1/2 r covering some aluminum heat transfer plates and tubing. The response time is phenomenal. Just as fast as hot air. The controls are way advanced and control the entire system. They hook up to existing smart home and building automation controls. They have sensors that measure humidity and air quality. They have a great hrv unit, humidifiers and dehumidifiers. Any supplemental heat or cooling can be provided through the hrv system. The ducts of the hrv system are ten times smaller than in a scorched air system. So any hydronics contractor can easily install them. Its all flex duct.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • DanHolohan
    They should advertise here, John. This is their audience.
    Retired and loving it.
    Solid_Fuel_Manethicalpaul
  • John Ruhnke
    Dan,

We just started April 19th. We are going to be in Atlantic City at the PHCC Expo this Thursday and Friday. We need to do a really good job and impress Messana. So we will be concentrating on that and the leads from that over the next month.

Yes I agree that this is a great place to advertise. Heating Help is the best place I know to get a hydronics education and I am sure if things work out we will be advertising here or Messana will in the future.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • John Ruhnke
    We need to make some money first before we start spending money on advertising.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • SeanBeans
    Please come and install this in my house!

I’ll write a great review :)
  • SeanBeans
    In all seriousness, I really wish I had that system.. Scorched hot air is the worst!!!
    Solid_Fuel_ManBoon
  • John Ruhnke
    I do have a small budget and can spend some money now.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    Hi John nice to hear from you again. Wish you well with your new business.
  • John Ruhnke
    Messana Update....

So this was more of a business venture then actual business. My partner and I invested a small amount of money to try and launch a rep business and see how it goes. Rob Kennedy actually put up most of the money as I am dead broke. Still am. The Sales Manager from Messana agreed to pay us a commission if we sold some of there product. Rob and I offered to do a booth at the NJPHCC Trade show. We were told not to call our selves Messana. So we invented a name and new business "Radiant Cooling Distributers" between Rob and I with a agreement from the Messana Sales Manager. The whole thing got launched in a week. From nothing to new business. All done with hand shakes and nothing in writing. But no serious money invested either so nothing much too lose. After the show when talking to the owners of Messana on skype about taking our deal further Rob and I discovered that neither of us knew anything about the rep business and were underqualified to carry the business into serious money territory. We still kind of ran things for a little while to take advantage of leads from the show. Messana makes a great product and I was proud to represent them for a month or so.

But we didn't have the money to turn our new business venture into a actual real business. Messana was looking for somebody with a warehouse and training facility. That was out of our budget and the business venture just kind of died.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • John Ruhnke
    I thought I came back from the dead but I guess I am still DEAD!!
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Alan Welch
  • John Ruhnke
    I knocked on a lot of doors. Finally opportunity answered and we meshed. I might have a deal in play that involves Messana and Radiant Cooling Distributors. Give me a couple of weeks to see what happens. I will keep everyone informed.

If this works out I might have to change my name to Frankenstein. Cause the dead will live again!!!
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    ethicalpaul
  • John Ruhnke
    So after three hard days of talking and brainstorming, Shawn and I formed a new partnership. He has the warehouse and training facility. He is a Solar PV guy. Oct 31 I am taking his Solar Bootcamp. We plan to work together for a few weeks and see how things gel. If it goes good, we will talk with Alessandro and Francesco of Messana of a possible further deal. The Messana people are up to speed.

I really cannot properly sell Messana without a proper training program set up so this first problem is solved.

Even if things don't work with Messana Shawn is interested in adding commercial solar thermal to what he does so I can still form other business opportunities too.

Selling his pv systems should bring in some needed cash to get me by in the short run. We made plans on three or four business ideas and ventures for putting together a NetZero mechanical/electrical package, Messana, Solar PV and Solar Commercial.

This is exciting!!
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • John Ruhnke
    Oh and I forgot Geothermal! We talked about that too.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • SeanBeans
    Glad things are looking up @John Ruhnke
  • John Ruhnke
    Yeah putting together the right team of players can sometimes take a while. This deal has been going back and forth since March. You can't do half of an effort or things fail. Piece by piece we form the structure needed for success.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • John Ruhnke
    Update:

I am working full time selling Solar PV systems for Shawn. Shawn's company is Prime Energy Solar. I am learning a lot about sales and getting stronger as a salesman. This will be good for me because I have very strong technical expertise. When you combine the technical and sales together that should provide a strong and profitable future for me.

There was a skype meeting between people from both Messana and Prime Energy Solar. Nothing concrete came from the meeting. I think both sides are just testing the water.

Shawn has some future plans for expanding his business that involve me. There is a NetZero project that involves some patents. Shawn swore me to secrecy so I cannot speak further.

I am listed on my Prime Energy Solar business card as a NetZero Applications Engineer. Finally somebody thinks I am an Engineer.

In reality I am just a Solar PV systems salesman for now though.
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
  • DanHolohan
    I hope this works out well for you, John. Thanks for the update!
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Ruhnke
    I am getting back into the game. I reinvented myself. Shawn's team has some real strong expertise in sales. I am learning a lot from Shawn and his team.

So I am growing as a person and learning new things.

It is already a success in my eyes!!
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    ethicalpaulSeanBeans