Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Asbestos

Hi guys I found some asbestos in my laundry room piping and in the front of my house where the circuit breakers Are i put plaster on the piping in my Laundry room but I have not touched the other room here are pictures of the laundry room finished with the plaster and here’s pictures of the other piping which have not touched do you suggest also plastering this piping? Or should I get a professional and just remove everything I’m not sure what to do I have little kids so I want to do the right thing thanks

Comments

• daveamir
    daveamir Member Posts: 69
    Also in the front room where I have not wrapped the Asbestos yet I Think there’s some fragments that may have fell to the floor how would I vacuum this or clean this thank you
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,842
    LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

that small amount can be incapsulated but please leave it to the professionals.

Honestly your better off doing nothing rather then disturb it and creat more issues.
    daveamir
  • daveamir
    daveamir Member Posts: 69
    Do you think I should just incapsulate it myself. Rather than remove right
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,630
    Officially, have a professional do it. If you get enough of it spread around you could condemn your house.

There is a mastic like paint they use to encapsulate it that is resilient that sticks it all together, that plaster is not going to do a good job of encapsulation and will make it harder to remove properly.

If you must disturb the stuff that has fallen to the ground, wet it down and wipe it up while wet, but you really should leave all of it to a professional.
    daveamir
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,828
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • SlamDunk
    SlamDunk Member Posts: 1,580
    it would look a lot better if you had it removed and re-insulated with fiberglass tubes. Get estimates. May be cheaper than you think.

daveamir
  • woobagooba
    woobagooba Member Posts: 186
    I just remediated a similar situation in Eastern MA. PM me and I'll provide the details.