Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pex question, manifold suggestion and ideas

I’m installing a homerun system with cast iron rads. I have NIBCO oxygen barrier pex from Menards. Will I be okay with this or should I replace with PAP?

Secondly, any manifolds better for this than others? I plan on a Lochinvar boiler with Alpha 2 ecm and TRV’s on each radiator. I would like one with all the bells and whistle add-ons.

Finally, I have to run the s&r lines through the living space to get to the second floor. The walls are all solid brick and we don’t want chases. Is it best to just use black pipe or are their finishing sleeves or something else to run pex in? The ceilings are 10’.

Thanks for all the help

I’ve included a couple pics of the rads. We pressured washed the old paint off, rubbed the rust with an emery cloth and sprayed Rustolium hammered copper. We’re happy

Comments

• JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    pex-al-pex is better if only because of less linear expansion then OB pex.
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    And nice looking rads.
  • BobC
    BobC Member Posts: 5,476
    The cat is waiting for you to put a nice wide shelf a couple of inches above that radiator to increase its heat output and give her a nice warm place to sleep.

Bob
    Smith G8-3 with EZ Gas @ 90,000 BTU, Single pipe steam
    Vaporstat with a 12oz cut-out and 4oz cut-in
    3PSI gauge
  • OhioRuss
    OhioRuss Member Posts: 29
    We’re very pleased with the rads came out. We didn’t expect them to look so nice. I think the whole family will be fighting to radiator space this winter
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Caution, radiators can melt cats!
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Erin Holohan HaskellGroundUpJakeCK