Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Califee balancing valve and zone valves

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,103
Looking for a little insight and reviews on califee balancing valve when used in conjunction with zone valves .i would like to install these on the returns to get my flow through each zone balanced being some zones have higher btu output but shorter piping loops and some zones are lower btu but way longer loop length and of course a single main with supplies cut in as she runs out .the big issue is that they ran a single 3/4 supply and split somewhere feeding the 2 zones for the second fl .so of course there’s some thermal migration but issue being can’t keep up w stat on cold days .they where a little tight w the baseboard board but over all it should meet the load . I was planning on using a pd pump or I’m I better off using a 3 speed grundfos .i don’t haveall The numbers in front of me but if a recall the single 2 Nd floor 3/4 supply which is split into 2 zones combines is just under 48 mbtu and the combined 1 st floor zone coming in at about 57 mbtu .whats the thoughts on using balancing valves to get that single 2 Nd floor zones doing what there suppose to . Thanks for your thoughts and advise in advance peace and good luck clammy
R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Those quicksetters are a great product. No special tools and simple to set up. I like delta p circs for that application. Just set the system on constant pressure or proportional constant pressure and off you go. I have been really liking the Taco's recently, they let you set the actual head pressure, unlike some brands which give you only 3 options or leave you guessing what "auto adapt" means...
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,021
    The 132 quick setter would be ideal for dialing in and checking flow to the circuits. 2-7 gpm range on the 3/4"

Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    Zman

I really like the new 1915E Taco just put out. They seem to be a sweet spot between light commercial and commercial. Great price point as well.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt