Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A little thermostat humor.

nibs
nibs Member Posts: 511
Bought what was advertised as a new unused Honeywell mercury thermostat on fleabay.
Opened the package yesterday and a Nest thermostat box popped out, heart skips a beat, opened the Nest box and inside was the box for the Honeywell. HA!
SeanBeansdelta T

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    At least it wasn't the other way around, opening a Honeywell box and seeing a Nest.
    steve
    Zman
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,160

At least it wasn't the other way around, opening a Honeywell box and seeing a Nest.

But don't you feel sorry for the poor guy who bought the Nest and swapped out the Honeywell? I do...
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    Solid_Fuel_Manrick in Alaska
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,583
    > @Jamie Hall said:
    > At least it wasn't the other way around, opening a Honeywell box and seeing a Nest.
    >
    > But don't you feel sorry for the poor guy who bought the Nest and swapped out the Honeywell? I do...

If the Nest replaced it how is it unused?
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
    Gsmith
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    Exactly what I was thinking...
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    I'd rather have a used T87 than a new Nest. Although, if it was advertised as new but had been installed, negative feedback would be forthcoming. Even though I'd probably keep it.
  • nibs
    nibs Member Posts: 511
    It is indeed new, the red tag locking down the mercury switch is intact, no marks on the screws at all. I am dead pleased with the deal, but have a wry grin hoping it was a deliberate small joke.
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    Sure sounds like it. Nice!