Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Search comments by user

SENWiEco
SENWiEco Member Posts: 159
Is there a way to search the archives for comments from specific users? Or view all of a users comment activity?
Sean Wiens

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,164
    If you type the user's handle into the search box (upper right corner) it will come up with all the comments in which that user was referenced. Don't think that's what you're looking for, though, but usually is someone is referenced in a comment, chances are pretty good that they themselves will have made a comment somewhere earlier in the thread.

@Erin Holohan Haskell ?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Thanks @Jamie Hall You are right in understanding what I am after. Your work around is something I do now, but takes a lot of time to find the relevant comments I am after. I want to find comments from power users on specific subjects.

Cheers
    Sean Wiens
  • ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    If you click on a user name, it takes you to their profile page. On the right under "activity" is "comments", which I think is every comment they made. Is that what you're looking for?
    SENWiEco
  • Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    edited June 2019
    In Google you can use your search criteria and site:heatinghelp.com. (I think that's the right combo

This goes for any site

User username site: heatinghelp.com

for example
    SENWiEco
  • SENWiEco
    Hi @ratio, that is exactly what I was after. Thanks so much!
    Sean Wiens
  • SENWiEco
    Hi @Leon82, thanks for follow up. Yes this is a great utility I have often used. But not what I was after in this case. @Ratio provided the answer I needed.
    Sean Wiens
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    Thanks, @ratio!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com