Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Is there a site like HeatingHelp for electrical work

Bob_G
Bob_G Member Posts: 6
I love this Board it is so helpful.

Does anyone know if there is a comparable sight for electrical work?

Thanks.

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    DIY Chatroom, Electrican Talk. and I believe Mike Holt has a forum.

To register for Electrician Talk, you must be a licensed electrician.
    There are many knowledgeable people on their but they are somewhat less than friendly.

Don't know much about the other two.

There's a few of us electricians that lurk here so ask away and we will try to help.
  • Leon82
    Leon82 Member Posts: 684
    Terry love has a electrical sub forum
  • Solid_Fuel_Man
    Solid_Fuel_Man Member Posts: 2,646
    I used to be a part of electricianTalk. But it's nothing like HH. There really is no place like HH.

I have been active on several pro forums, but most end up perverse, crude, or loaded with misinformation from wannabes.

Heating Help is the exact opposite of that! Thanks Erin for all you do here!
    Serving Northern Maine HVAC & Controls. I burn wood, it smells good!
    ZmanAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    @Solid_Fuel_Man, thanks for being here!
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    Solid_Fuel_ManAlan (California Radiant) Forbes
  • Bob_G
    Bob_G Member Posts: 6
    Thanks everyone
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    I have been on a few forums. Ditto what @Solid_Fuel_Man said.
    Solid_Fuel_Man
  • FranklinD
    FranklinD Member Posts: 399
    I was a member of DIY Chatroom for years and finally had to call it quits. Seemed like there were a number of folks that would jump on you (in a negative way) just for asking any question about anything. Such as “If you don’t know this simple thing, you shouldn’t DIY at all!” and so on. And the folks giving accurate advice were usually buried by the trolls, at least in the forums I frequented.

I haven’t had much luck with electrical forums. I went to school for Commercial & Residential Wiring and have been doing electrical work for a long time, just on my own stuff, but almost any question I asked on those forums was met with “if you’re not a licensed electrician you shouldn’t be touching it” and “you’re taking money out of a real electrician’s pocket, I hope you feel good about yourself.” Sheesh.
    Ford Master Technician, "Tinkerer of Terror"
    Police & Fire Equipment Lead Mechanic, NW WI
    Lover of Old Homes & Gravity Hot Water Systems
    Canucker
  • KC_Jones
    KC_Jones Member Posts: 5,722
    FranklinD said:

I was a member of DIY Chatroom for years and finally had to call it quits. Seemed like there were a number of folks that would jump on you (in a negative way) just for asking any question about anything. Such as “If you don’t know this simple thing, you shouldn’t DIY at all!” and so on. And the folks giving accurate advice were usually buried by the trolls, at least in the forums I frequented.

I have to agree with this, I do not participate a lot over there, but it isn't nearly as friendly. They actually have a controversial section that is basically a place for everyone to be mean to each other. Just the fact that that is needed tells a lot about that forum.
    2014 Weil Mclain EG-40
    EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Boiler Control
    Boiler pictures updated 2/21/15
    CanuckerSolid_Fuel_Man
  • Zipper13
    Zipper13 Member Posts: 229
    You may have some luck in one of the message boards in here:
    https://stackexchange.com/sites?view=list#traffic

specifically there is an "Electrical engineering" and "Home Improvement" board you can join

I use a few other math/programming/software groups in the "Stack Exchange" to help me at work and I usually find those communities to be very helpful, though sometimes curt and always with far less back and forth community than you get here.
    New owner of a 1920s home with steam heat north of Boston.
    Just trying to learn what I can do myself and what I just shouldn't touch